• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The saga continues

an update :rolleyes: ...

So as expected the insurance c**ntpany have declared the landy a total loss (no surprise ) .. thieve made me a market value settlement figure to close the claim which ive accepted :thumbsup: (double what i paid for it :rofl:)

heres where it gets sticky ... As its now an insurance category s write-off i have to get a new log book issued from the DVLA as the old log book has to be sent to the insurers.. The vehicle has to have a new mot (even thou it was done 2 weeks ago ) to prove its road worthy before the insurance company will insure it at my previous full comp cover ( they will cover third part cover only till the re mot has been done ) this has to be done with in 30 days :eek:

my reply was best they get the money into my account quick smart to cover the cost of the repairs so i can get it moted :thumbsup:

to be brutally truthful im up against it time wise :(

an update :rolleyes: ...

So as expected the insurance c**ntpany have declared the landy a total loss (no surprise ) .. thieve made me a market value settlement figure to close the claim which ive accepted :thumbsup: (double what i paid for it :rofl:)

heres where it gets sticky ... As its now an insurance category s write-off i have to get a new log book issued from the DVLA as the old log book has to be sent to the insurers.. The vehicle has to have a new mot (even thou it was done 2 weeks ago ) to prove its road worthy before the insurance company will insure it at my previous full comp cover ( they will cover third part cover only till the re mot has been done ) this has to be done with in 30 days :eek:

my reply was best they get the money into my account quick smart to cover the cost of the repairs so i can get it moted :thumbsup:

to be brutally truthful im up against it time wise :(
The thought of an insurance problem had crossed my mind. Do you still have a plan B for getting to Wales?

Back