• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The saga continues

just got home from having a new ecu and a map put on it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Holly Sh*t what a difference bloody thing pulls like a train ... had the power upped to a nice safe 180 -190 bhp :whistle::whistle::whistle::thumbsup::)
needless to say had a new free flow exhaust fitted today along with a life time air filter ( washable) back in the garage next week for a heavyduty clutch kit to be fitted so it can handle the extra torque :thumbsup:

I sympathise with you Matt, these things do tend to blossom from simple jobs to major surgery.
You may recall that in the Morning section the other day I said I was going to take my car in to have the wheels balanced..?

At MOT in March I had the front suspension replaced, bushes had gone but cheaper to replace the whole unit...I mentioned this the other day and the bloke said, that may have effected the tracking which he would check at the same time...
Car on ramp...
I knew the tyres would need replacing within a few months and realised that I may have to get the wheels re-balanced...So
4 new tyres+ tracking+ balancing + VAT...I know how you feel Mate...:D

DSC00585.JPG

i dont begrudge spending money on the landrover as i like the fact i can drive 800 miles or more with out a worry or hesitation ... anything is reliable providing you maintain it :whistle: some just take more than others:D

just been googling around and ive found a repair kit for the pressure reg .... £34 inc pap put one on order will be here Monday ... better than £200 the main stealers wanted :thumbsup:

Once got told, anyone can own a car but the trick is to keep it on the road......

didn't really understand this until I bought my first car lol

I can understand putting money into a car or alike as my 1999 Astra sport was my pride and joy and I paid way more to fix it than I paid for! it.... it was a very reluctant sale as I knew the lad was going to benefit from the money I plough into it, also I loved the thing 😁

new pressure regulator turned up at last :whistle: so landy is in bits :D again :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.... a different new exhaust being fitted as well, as the new "free flow" was a tad noisy for my liking :rolleyes: .. led light bar being fitted and wired in along with led head light bulbs ....

Back