• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The saga continues

I have seen Aliss Charmers tractors with a retro conversion using bloody great lead acid batteries...

What a bugger mate......when you say "still not running"........ do you mean the fuel pump itself is still not working?

I once knew a rhyme about Diesels?
" If the fuel starts to flow it really should go, but a lack of compression still causes depression "

My Brother had a rhyme for everything...:lol:

Is it meter time Matt?

If there is fuel flowing through the pump then it could be the injectors not opening which could be caused by a crankshaft position sensor error or bad connection between the two...do you have access to plug in diagnostics?

If there is fuel flowing through the pump then it could be the injectors not opening which could be caused by a crankshaft position sensor error or bad connection between the two...do you have access to plug in diagnostics?
replaced cps twice along with three new fuel pumps ... landy plugged in loads of different times this week but the kit we got wont let me read all the actions on the ecu :mad: so its with a heavy heart it time to send her of to pastures new

to a friends landrover workshop where they will have all the kit to test it and fix it rather than me just throwing new parts at it :rolleyes:

replaced cps twice along with three new fuel pumps ... landy plugged in loads of different times this week but the kit we got wont let me read all the actions on the ecu :mad: so its with a heavy heart it time to send her of to pastures new

to a friends landrover workshop where they will have all the kit to test it and fix it rather than me just throwing new parts at it :rolleyes:
It may just be the cheaper option when you consider the price of parts... still a total pain in the backside though

What was it then?
ok its a long and sordid story :rofl:

wind the clock back to feb this year :cool: the fuel pump failed and i had a new pump fitted by one of the 5* fitters at our very fine garage....

the fuel lines are all colour coded x4 and they slot into the pump in a specific order ( high pressure feed and return and low pressure fed and its return )

move the clock forward to 3 weeks ago and the pump failed again !!!! so a new pump was installed and it took some doing but it was running again :thumbsup:

then the new pump fails and the mechanics didnt have time to change it for me so i took it apon my self the do the change .... when i removed the pump i just cliped the lines back in the same order as they were in the old pump ... last night when i got home i set to google to see what line did what as i had a feeling they may be in the wrong order ;) so as it turns out when the first new pump was fitted they had some how got the fuel lines crossed and were running the high pressure line into the fuel filter rather than to the engine :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: so today i went in and change the lines across to the correct order and then dragged the landy up the road with another landy to "force" the fuel threw whilst bump starting it and it fired up with in 20 ft.....

so from the point of the first fuel pump change the lines had been crossed and the landys been running on a low pressure feed from feb this year .....

just got to sort a leaking core plug out (which i,ll do on monday evening )

" Amazing that it ran at all let alone covered the distance you have done."

And would a new super modern high tech bells and whistles 4x4 have done the same, or would it have thrown a complete multi £ hissy fit and refused to run at all ? :lol:

Back