• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The saga continues

So the oem fuel pump has turned up at a price of £305. :eek: :eek: :eek: will fit it this evening after work :thumbsup:... Let's hope it finally sorts the issue.... Fuel gauge reading wrong...
305 quid for a fuel pump doesn’t sound too bad when you compare it to an aftermarket rear spare wheel carrier seen at the Great British Land Rover show on Sunday for 600 quid! No, that not a typo - SIX HUNDRED QUID!!

Well the assumption is that anyone who buys a land rover can be persuaded to buy just about anything. 😇
I have a bridge for sale if anyone’s interested.

Bugger mate......hang in there......I probably have this wrong.....BUT.....when I had mine....I think I remember reading something about a pressure hose......visible under the bonnet.....on the hose it said there was a valve....like a tyre valve......I think this had something to do with the pressure in the fuel system????....again.....I have probably got it very wrong 🤔🤔🤔

Hope you suss it out.

changed a few things last night at work mate and it drove home 100% :thumbsup: the test will be this morning when i go out to start it to drive to work .. will up date when/ if i get to work :rofl:

Fingers....toes.....and eyes crossed for you mate :thumbsup:......Half day today then ???:sneaky::D

it turns out that some landrover fuel pumps come with a non return valve built in which stops the fuel from draining back to the fuel tank over night :thumbsup: but on other pumps the return valve is not fitted on the pump and it has to be installed on the filter housing :eek:

my original pump had the valve fitted :thumbsup:

but the replacement pumps (all three of them ) didnt ... so what was happening was the landy would start and run for apox 10 mins and then fun out of fuel :mad:

whistle researching the fuel system i stumbled across the diagram describing the fuel pipe/fuel direction of travel and the description of each item in the fuel flow path .... i replaced the filter housing when i had the rear end renewed and thought it came with a non retun valve built in so was discounting that as a problem :) wasnt till i went to replace it i noticed there wasnt 1 fitted :whistle:

anyways it all seems good so far but only time will tell

think i can say with fingers crossed its sorted :thumbsup: :)

normal service has been resumed .... i,ll say that it tested me this time was very close to throwing in the towel ;)
Don’t throw the towel in - just repurpose it!

Here’s an example for you -

FD8B6594-5B1B-4C60-8005-93B48D6F6187.jpeg

Back