• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The saga continues

I have pondered the accumulated wisdom and observations made in this thread, evaluated its worth and taken action.

I have bought my second LandRover. 😜

I have just driven it 2000km and am halfway home across Australia. And loving it. Have made a nice little camp in the back.

These things are becoming rare as hens teeth now but I spotted a low km vehicle just broken out of storage, nearly new and one of the last shipped to Australia.

Had to have it. As a dual cab The Boy will be able to ride inside on the back seat when we all three travel together...

Matt. These non-believers will never unstand

Right, better call ahead and schedule some spanner time for it with my trusty grease monkey 🤣

Alan

20220705_111211.jpg

Last edited:
very nice mate ... looks like its the one with the puma engine ( ford transit motor ) :thumbsup:

Yep both are. My other one is a single cab
2012 model. This is 2014. Both have the Ford engine. Had the other one from new and not a single issue in ten years (except a couple of hoses come loose). Really impressed. Better than the TD5 and much gruntier than the TDCI.

Despite the naysayers and non-believers, there's not a better car for the wilderness.

However, LandRover as a brand is now doomed since they stopped building real cars. I will never get another after this one.

Shame really, driven them all my life.

Alan

Last edited:
I always thought the Land Cruiser built the Outback!

I had three LRs when I was working, don’t remember one single issue. But they did not fit me, my right shoulder seemed to be against the door/window all the time, find them so uncomfortable tbh.

I have pondered the accumulated wisdom and observations made in this thread, evaluated its worth and taken action.

I have bought my second LandRover. 😜

I have just driven it 2000km and am halfway home across Australia. And loving it. Have made a nice little camp in the back.

These things are becoming rare as hens teeth now but I spotted a low km vehicle just broken out of storage, nearly new and one of the last shipped to Australia.

Had to have it. As a dual cab The Boy will be able to ride inside on the back seat when we all three travel together...

Matt. These non-believers will never unstand

Right, better call ahead and schedule some spanner time for it with my trusty grease monkey 🤣

Alan

View attachment 114901

She's a beaut :thumbsup:

new window regulator being fitted to the landy tomorrow also got 2 new rear doors on order :cool:
G'day Matt

Good to hear you're staying on top of the LandRover. Its a noble objective.

Two weeks ago my new 130 started spraying litres of differential oil out of both front hubs 🤣

One new pinion seal later and he's all good again. Now waiting for the next little job to come along. It keeps our spanners from getting rusty, I suppose... 🤔

Alan

Back