• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The Vegetable Patch 2019

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
Lots of prep and repair work in full swing for the new season coming will be doing some videos for the new section this year if anybody is starting out growing.

15932 15933 15934 15935 15936 15937

Will be interested to follow your progress , I did try a year or so ago but only seemed to feed the local wildlife , I cant be bothered again ............

Nice pictures Med.

All the repairs and work will be so worth it.
Nice set up and sheltered too.
Lovely stonework to the building and walls.
We only have a small garden and that is pretty much all decking............did grow some tomatoes in a grow bag once though :rolleyes::).....hope you have a bumper crop!!

We're in the process of moving allotments, we're about half way through the infrastructure of the new one, about half the beds made so we can start putting stuff in the ground as soon as its ready. This one is walking distance from the house instead of 20 miles away and a tenner a year. The best bit is, it has its own........ Anderson Shelter. :)

Sorry, tried to add a phot but I'm too stoopid to work it out yet.

We're in the process of moving allotments, we're about half way through the infrastructure of the new one, about half the beds made so we can start putting stuff in the ground as soon as its ready. This one is walking distance from the house instead of 20 miles away and a tenner a year. The best bit is, it has its own........ Anderson Shelter. :)
his struff
Sorry, tried to add a phot but I'm too stoopid to work it out yet.
the photos will come Bam, Its good to see another veg gardener doing his stuff, I've never worked out what growing my own save me over a year but its a fair bit. Mother in law is having her conservatory roof replaced in a couple of weeks and the old panels are the perfect size for my raised beds so I can make an early start this year

I'm not sure you save anything to be honest Joe, you can buy veg that cheaply but its rewarding doing it and knowing how to might be handy. Saying that, I'm the labourer, the missus is the gardener. The new place is very 'social' the guy on the next plot likes to pop down of an evening and have a wee refreshment sometimes and seeing as its staggering distance I wouldn't want to be rude now. ;)

I'm not sure you save anything to be honest Joe, you can buy veg that cheaply but its rewarding doing it and knowing how to might be handy. Saying that, I'm the labourer, the missus is the gardener. The new place is very 'social' the guy on the next plot likes to pop down of an evening and have a wee refreshment sometimes and seeing as its staggering distance I wouldn't want to be rude now. ;)
A wee refreshment has to be done Bam as long as it's a single malt. Like I said I've never worked our the financial side but you can't beat pulling a crop and having it cooking within an hour

Something me and the misses would love to do :D at some point this year she wants a little green house in the back garden so I will oblige ;) starting of small of course! My mother and father use to have a plot in Glasgow a few years back. Not entirely sure exactly what he was growing but we had many a bowl of soup and plates of veg when visiting. Lovely stuff:D

Something me and the misses would love to do :D at some point this year she wants a little green house in the back garden so I will oblige ;) starting of small of course! My mother and father use to have a plot in Glasgow a few years back. Not entirely sure exactly what he was growing but we had many a bowl of soup and plates of veg when visiting. Lovely stuff:D
It'll be nice to see you doing it Mark and a great way to get the kiddies interested

It'll be nice to see you doing it Mark and a great way to get the kiddies interested

Am looking forward to it joe :D just a few jobs in front of it yet.... and before you say anything o_O I will get the finger out and get it done šŸ¤£

A wee refreshment has to be done Bam as long as it's a single malt. Like I said I've never worked our the financial side but you can't beat pulling a crop and having it cooking within an hour
I'm a bit of a Philistine when it comes to our national drink, or spirits generally. I have been known to lug boxes of red up hills in the past though. :)
Slainte chaps.

I'm a bit of a Philistine when it comes to our national drink, or spirits generally. I have been known to lug boxes of red up hills in the past though. :)
Slainte chaps.
well you have to keep the cold at bay

Reactions: Bam
It's horses for courses, I do what I have to while she likes to potter about. Our old allotment being 20 miles aways a pain but now it's a 10 minute sashay so I can do her bidding then head home.
Hope you enjoy it mate, while it's not my 'thing' I do get a sense of satisfaction when my tasks are done.

It's horses for courses, I do what I have to while she likes to potter about. Our old allotment being 20 miles aways a pain but now it's a 10 minute sashay so I can do her bidding then head home.
Hope you enjoy it mate, while it's not my 'thing' I do get a sense of satisfaction when my tasks are done.

Cheers bam šŸ‘ Am not big on it myself itā€™s more her and the kids....but al have a go lol

Reactions: Bam
Back