• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The Vietnam War

Bam

Extremely Addicted
Anyone else watching this ? Its on Netflix, a ten parter, I'm half way through and loving it, very 'warts and all'.

No but I will give it a swatch :thumbsup:

If you like your 'warry' stuff or history its worth a go, some interesting interviews with some of the guys 'who were there man....'.

Am partial to stuff like this. It’s on the list :thumbsup: real life stuff is always eye opening.. just finished watching Chernobyl. would recommend that mate

Cheers, I've downloaded them all, the missus wants to watch it too so I'll not be able to do my 'power watch' of the whole lot.

I hear ya bro. Can't live with 'em, can't bury them under the patio eh ?

:eek:

Aye as the song goes “ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone” but there’s peace and tranquility and a free range over the fkn remote ;):lol:

It wiz Vietnam we was talking about. Right? :rofl:

Aye as the song goes “ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone” but there’s peace and tranquility and a free range over the fkn remote ;):lol:

It wiz Vietnam we was talking about. Right? :rofl:

That song caused me a bit of emotion a while back. Was in Singapore with work, was supposed to be 10 days but ended up 17 (I think) :) My missus flew out for a week to see me. After putting her on the plane home I headed back to a bar to catch up with mates and the first song that came on was "ain't no sunshine when she's gone", after a fantastic week it seemed really poignant. Roll on a week when a couple of my mates missus's extended a week because of the delay and one of the other guys had just put his missus on the plane and came to meet us in the same bar. Queue "ain't no sunshine when she's gone".... bloody stuff was on a loop and while I got some sympathy for my 'moment', my mate got the piss ripped for his cheesy/copycat 'moment'. Need to give him a shout thinking about it.

@Bam

Talking of tunes..... I have an album that has some fantastic music from that era.
If you and the good lady enjoy your tunes it's worth having in your collection 👍

IMG_20190608_062722.jpg

Reactions: Bam
Cheers Willie, I'll give it a look. Not much use for the missus, for her music began in 1980 and finished in 1989. :lol:

There's a lot of good tunes on the series, Paint It Black being one (natch).

Hi Bam.

The above album came from i-tunes mate.
Could never get on with most of the 80s stuff.........guess its the "Rock Chick" in me :D
Music does take you back and remind you of events and memories.

@Harry Palmer

Good link Harry.....listening to the music now :D

Got an image in my mind of troops giving it air guitar with M16s around a fire :rofl:
Will have a look at downloading that album:thumbsup:

Thanks for the link....great music!!

Hi Bam.

The above album came from i-tunes mate.
Could never get on with most of the 80s stuff.........guess its the "Rock Chick" in me :D
Music does take you back and remind you of events and memories.

I was very narrow minded musically as a yoof, liked my heavy metal/rock but by my late teens I'd broadened my musical horizons and now like all sorts. Got into Ska/Reggae later in life and even some of the 80's stuff I used to sneer at at the time. Aye music is great for those flashbacks, can make you feel old though.:(

I'm coming off a Jazz/blues addiction and moving on to Classical music these days, must be a male menopause thing.

This guy is fantastic

No bad them albums :thumbsup: Throw in a little bluegrass jams and we have a wicked playlist;) on and a bit of tubular bells:thumbsup:

Back