• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Thermal Imagers ?

collierboy

Very Addicted
Has anyone used thermal imaging monoculars, i'm thinking of getting one of the lower end models
but they're still approx £600, so want a bit of info before diving in. Any help in making my mind
up greatly appreciated, ta.

As above,depends what you want one for,I have got the Hik Micro 10mm as I do ratting at the lakes where I fish and it`s use is very limited,there is a big difference between seeing the thermal image in long grass and foliage and translating it into a viable shot.
The only advantage with a spotter is,it is easier to look for stuff than it is to use a rifle with a pard on.
I watched you tube videos and thought,thermal,that`s a good idea,in reality I think it was a waste of £700.

For the shooting I do I prefer a pard 008 LRF, to a thermal,had I have known before hand what I know now I would n`t have bothered buying a one,if the only reason you want one for is in case of a winger have a look at the "Seek reveal " range,there is some 2nd hand ones on ebay at the moment.:)

Had a quick look, would they show up a squirrel hiding in ivy or such approx 10/20 yds do you think ?
EZVZ0057.JPG

EZVZ0057.JPG

Depends on the density of he ivy,the white blob you can see is a heated wheat bag in the front edge of our bottom neighbours privet the black bits on it are thicker bits of privet in front of it,the distance is 16 yards

Depends on the density of he ivy,the white blob you can see is a heated wheat bag in the front edge of our bottom neighbours privet the black bits on it are thicker bits of privet in front of it,the distance is 16 yards
I wouldn't know what that image represented. I think it might be better to invest in a torch, matey... :whistle:

Back