• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Thermoelectric generator idea.

Brambling

Very Addicted
Well, funds are low and I love a challenge, so over the next couple of months I am looking building my own thermoelectric generator that will fit on a firebox type of stove. I have a couple of weeks off at the beginning of feb, so hope to build MK1 then, in the basic idea phase at the moment moving on to design shortly. Any thoughts bung em here and maybe we could have a collaborative forum goodie. :thumbsup:

scared0015.gif
Pass.

šŸ˜œ

Great idea Annie, I look forward to see how it goes, I'll not be much help to you either unfortunately.

I did do a fair bit of Googling and Youtubing a fair while ago, some interesting concepts, depending on what sort of device you want to power / charge, you can light a tent 'bulb' from a single plate and a tea lite candle, the problem is as far as I made out, keeping the temperature difference between both plates enough to get the maximum efficiency ?

I have been googling too and thus far I have two ideas, one with large enough peltier model to not really matter or mount it in some sort of cup so that you can add water on the 'cold' side. Like I said, mucking about with ideas at the moment.:)

3pcs 40x40mm Thermoelectric Power Generator Peltier Module TEG High Temperature 150 Degree x2

40x80x12mm Aluminum Water Cooling Block For CPU Semiconductor Cooling Radiator Heatsink filled with cold water ...

40x40x20mm Aluminum Heat Sink Heat Sink For CPU LED Power Cooling this stuck to the side of the water container

1 0f these on the heat sink 5v 30*30*10mm 3010 Cooling Fan with 2 Pin Dupont Wire for 3D Printer Part

use 1 of the power generators to work the fan and the other will give you enough out put to charge a phone or run some led lights

all for about Ā£15

Back