• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

They are the last

Joecole

Very Obsessed
The last of the parsnips from my raised bed. The onions I harvested earlier
20171205_110916.jpg

There large joe..your a bit of a green finger joe. I shall pick your brains when I eventually get my garden ready to grow stuff.

is there a plan for them? roasted with Christmas dinner or a nice curried parsnip soup?

some will be roasted 38, I will probably end up giving some away because I have another row in the main veg plot

in the past when given home grown parsnips which tend to be long and thin compared to super market sold ones ive roasted the chunky bits and saved the thin tails for soup.

I've not done it but I'm told you can freeze the tails till you have a batch ready

in the past when given home grown parsnips which tend to be long and thin compared to super market sold ones ive roasted the chunky bits and saved the thin tails for soup.

I've not done it but I'm told you can freeze the tails till you have a batch ready

There's long and and absolutely crazy, next year I'm going for a stump routed variety. I think really fresh the tails only need to be washed then roasted. I have to admit I've never had them in soup

Curried parsnip soup is my favourite home made soup, closely behind the clear champion of soups in the form of Heinz tomato (with a dash of Worcester or Tabasco sauce)

Curried parsnip soup is my favourite home made soup, closely behind the clear champion of soups in the form of Heinz tomato (with a dash of Worcester or Tabasco sauce)

Tabasco is something I do like especially in tomato juice, being a curry lover the curried parsnip soup is definitely something I'll be trying

Back