• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Things are coming on.

Forgot to put the pictures up. Oh and some of the lettuce is planted out with more to come.
IMG_20190513_172013.jpg
IMG_20190513_172022.jpg

Not sure how effective it is going to be but my father in law is busy scattering egg shells around his tomatoes to keep the slugs away.

Not sure how effective it is going to be but my father in law is busy scattering egg shells around his tomatoes to keep the slugs away.

Might not be true mind, cant believe everything you find on the web

The theory of the egg shells is that slugs allegedly don't like the sharp edges to crawl over. I tried copper bands around plant plots that seems to work keeping the snails off. I always thought a pet hedgehog was the answer but even that's been done down because they only eat them if desperate for food. If only they were edible.......

The typical garden snail is infact edible, might try after a bottle of whiskey mind , and plenty of snails in the freezers over here in France

The typical garden snail is infact edible, might try after a bottle of whiskey mind , and plenty of snails in the freezers over here in France
Escargo, a little melted garlic butter and salt YUMMY

Just consulted 'the gardener' in the house, she says beer traps work for slugs but not snails, we did egg shells in the past and she thinks they worked but at the allotment she used pellets. Any snails found, I have free range to dispatch, despite her being a goddamn veggie hippy.

Just consulted 'the gardener' in the house, she says beer traps work for slugs but not snails, we did egg shells in the past and she thinks they worked but at the allotment she used pellets. Any snails found, I have free range to dispatch, despite her being a goddamn veggie hippy.
I occasionally shoot them with my SMK for a bit of light relief

Reactions: Bam
No idea what a SMK is, I tend to just squish them with a size 11, seems to do the trick. ;)
Smk is my cheap little. 22 rifle firing at 8.5 and perfect for slugs......and pigeons

Reactions: Bam
Back