• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Things planned this for this year

Bushcraft Rob

Very Addicted
No1 Build a Canadian canoe materials on order, ash for paddle cut last year should be seasoned
No 2 Build and paddle a coracle, willow and ash ready to cut.
No 3 Bronze age casting of spearheads using an underground furnace
No 4 Back garden forge set up
No 5 Do a shed load more foraging which get me out and about

No1 Build a Canadian canoe materials on order, ash for paddle cut last year should be seasoned
No 2 Build and paddle a coracle, willow and ash ready to cut.
No 3 Bronze age casting of spearheads using an underground furnace
No 4 Back garden forge set up
No 5 Do a shed load more foraging which get me out and about
You must get a lot of hours in a day in your heathen part of this fair land Rob:lol::rofl::lol:

Planned, a 2 nighter a month, failed second month in due to circumstances out of my control, but have managed 2 one nighters instead.

Planned, buy, swap, trade up to lightweight, smaller kit.

Planned, a bit of bike packing

Fingers crossed this lot works out.

Planning to sell some of my unused bits and pieces and hopefully reduce the weight of my kit.
More overnighters (solo or otherwise) and add a bit more variation to my videos which are tending to be a bit similar (walk in, build fire, cook sausages and coffee, tidy up, walk out. lol)

Just re-read that and it sounded like the videos were an important part but, of course, the videos are secondary. I use these as a form of diary of how I'm progressing with my learning of things 'bushcrafty'. I have a long way to go and I think probably the next stage is learning more about trees and plants and their uses. Map reading and navigation is another thing that I'd like to learn.

None of that can be done without coffee though :)

Back