• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Thinking of doing an exchange

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
with my one and only rifle

with this one

Losing 9 joules of power but the Hatsan is alot easier to transport

Or shall i keep what i have??

Hatsan is a good make.

Looking at it.......the cocking effort may be more than you are used to because of the barrel length and overall size......not quite so bad in rifle mode.
Most pistols are around the 6ftlb region which helps with recoil and accuracy.
Being in the 10ftlb range may make it a bit snappy to shoot....especially in pistol mode?

Up to you :D

id go with the Hatsan . although iv'e never shot a Stoeger so don't have first hand knowledge of the gun , i do own a Hatsan rifle and have had one of there pistols and have found both to be well made and reliable although the finish is not as good as the likes of Air Arms and BSA.

I've not used either so I can;t say which I'd go for...as long as you're shooting safely and humanely it's all about personal preferences and enjoying yourself. I would very much like to hear how you get on with them though.

Reactions: Bam
Turkey is now manufacturing/exporting some quality affordable air weapons (such as Hatsan) and shotguns as well, ATA getting a very good reputation at apparently stupid prices. I have /use one of the latter...………..

my 2 p worth :)....

what you chose will depend on what you plan on doing with them :)...

im my experience the pistol style add a bit and its a rifle will never replace a dedicated rifle for accuracy :thumbsup:

if all your doing is having a bit of fun plinking at targets then being accurate isnt as critical as if you were out shooting game /pest control

so if the choice was mine out of the 2 you have listed then id stick with the rifle and practice :thumbsup:

Reading the original post, I must admit that if I was going to have a springer, and I do: I would veer away from break barrels generically (because there are some good ones out there) and go for an under lever so the barrel and chamber are fixed?

Reading the original post, I must admit that if I was going to have a springer, and I do: I would veer away from break barrels generically (because there are some good ones out there) and go for an under lever so the barrel and chamber are fixed?

I guess it comes down to budget. I've a break barrel springer but I hardly use it (licenced) so can't justify spending serious money. Whatever works. 👍

Back