• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

This Is How Easily A Pandemic Can Spread

I see they have it in Plymouth, haven't seen any sign of it around here. everyone seems to be pretty healthy in my neck of the woods. it'll spread much more easily in an urban setting.

It will, and we have a mobile society these days so now it is here it will spread quickly throughout the country.

I don't get to mix with a large number of people during the winter, car boot sales get going around easter in my location and I use a hand sanitizer gel -which I keep permanently in the car- at all times when out.

You mean Lord Prescott, he lives about 5 minutes away from me, when he comes back and graces us with his presence of course. Got a nice big tree just for him when shtf:)

You mean Lord Prescott, he lives about 5 minutes away from me, when he comes back and graces us with his presence of course. Got a nice big tree just for him when shtf:)
yeah, him and any other politician too, we wont need them post SHTF.

Actually I quite like Hull, it gets a bad press and even auto correct ignores its existence but the people are friendly and it's the nearest proper city to Beverly when we go up to visit family.

Hull has a good position, it's the only city in East Yorks, all the rest being countryside, small villages. It's close to the coast and rivers, and it's not too big.
The name Beverley comes from Beaver, which used to be common in the area, being rich in watercourses and Meres, mentioned by Chaucer in the Summoners tale
"Lordings, there is in Yorkshire, as I guess,
A marshy country called Holderness"
As a side note "Little John" of Robin Hood fame may be a Beverley man called Reynolde Greenleaf, according to reports he had a long standing feud with the Sheriff of Holderness, enjoyed beating up his men, and was by all accounts "a bit of a lad". It is postulated that "Little John" is in actuality the person Reynolde Greenleaf from near Beverley in the East Riding of Yorkshire (fact or fiction, Robin Hood, Channel 4)
----------
The siege of Hull was the first major action of the English civil war, where the people told the King to "sod off" and barred his entry to the town, we of course kicked his arse and won.:)

Last edited:
Another great thing about Hull, it isn't York. When I worked in Stockton on the Forest I found that many of the good folk of the City of York saw themselves as a cut above the rest of the county.

New program due to be scheduled on BBC4... An app based experiment into the spread of a contagion. No doubt it will also become available on I player after its been on air.

Back