• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

'thunderstorm Asthma' Claims Fifth Life In Melbourne

I have been labelled "asthmatic" most of my life...comes from being born 3 months premature, it comes and it goes, mostly it goes, at the moment I've got a touch of bronchitis, I don't have any problems with pollen or cut grass or anything like that, my particular problems are with people burning coal, the dust gets everywhere.
actually I think there is a bug going around, just been for our morning walk and met one of the neighbours-hacking and coughing-so i'm not the only one!:D

Last edited:
I have been labelled "asthmatic" most of my life...comes from being born 3 months premature, it comes and it goes, mostly it goes, at the moment I've got a touch of bronchitis, I don't have any problems with pollen or cut grass or anything like that, my particular problems are with people burning coal, the dust gets everywhere.
actually I think there is a bug going around, just been for our morning walk and met one of the neighbours-hacking and coughing-so i'm not the only one!:D
I don't think they knew what asthma was when I was a kid. I can remember my Mother rubbing Vicks on my chest & sitting me in the sun in our garden. Like you though it rarely affects me these days, I can't remember when I last had an Asthma attack. But this "Thunderstorm Asthma" is new to me, I have not heard of this happening before. I suspect it has happened before, but they did not understand what was happening.
Keith.

wife gets hay fever but I don't which is good seeing as I used to be a self employed gardener.
germs are spread by mixing with other people, nobody seems to use a handkerchief or a tissue these days and they snort in your face or sneeze down the back of your neck, and gobbing in the street is now normal where once it was the province of old men...I blame footballers!
in SHTF disease will kill far more people than violence will, (unless your in the middle of a big city that is.)

wife gets hay fever but I don't which is good seeing as I used to be a self employed gardener.
germs are spread by mixing with other people, nobody seems to use a handkerchief or a tissue these days and they snort in your face or sneeze down the back of your neck, and gobbing in the street is now normal where once it was the province of old men...I blame footballers!
in SHTF disease will kill far more people than violence will, (unless your in the middle of a big city that is.)

Did you know that gobbing in the street is an offence which was introduced to help combat tuberculosis way back (I think the mid-Victorian era but I would have to check) the fine at one time was £75 It's a shame they don't enforce it today....

Did you know that gobbing in the street is an offence which was introduced to help combat tuberculosis way back (I think the mid-Victorian era but I would have to check) the fine at one time was £75 It's a shame they don't enforce it today....
they cant even "police" the using hand held phones in a car GB, how the heck can they even hope to stop gobbing in the street??
its such a disgusting and anti social activity.

they cant even "police" the using hand held phones in a car GB, how the heck can they even hope to stop gobbing in the street??
its such a disgusting and anti social activity.
It certainly is - footballers are partly to blame though doing it on the pitch and some people then think it is cool..

Back