• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

TICK?

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
Am curious to find out what yous all do to prevent tick from biting when out and about. Please share your tips and tricks :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Theres not a lot you can do about them Mark other than regular checks and a good tick removal tool, last summer meet the kids were plagued by them but they were hardly visible

You'll hear a lot of old wives tales about it, smother it with vaseline, burn out with the end of a fag end put meths on it etc etc :( how sad only one way is to remove complete with the aid of tick card or tick remover, after removal check check and check for symptoms of Lymes Disease Google it and check, if ya think you have it explain to your doctor what you do where you go, anything like my doc he'll think your a totally a ????? (silly Billy) ;) be pushy and stand ya ground . Have had a few mate with Lymes Disease and its been totally ??????? naughty to them ;) leave you to figure ??

Get some strong deet, 50% +.
Put a ring around your socks, around your shirt cuffs and around your waist band.

That is where they usually get in. It wont stop them all be
But it should help.

Wear gaiters and cover up Mark......wontstop t
Am curious to find out what yous all do to prevent tick from biting when out and about. Please share your tips and tricks :thumbsup:

Wear high boots/ gaiters or putties......wear long-sleeved shirts check yourself and your mates day by day.
They will get you eventually no doubt if you spend a lot of time outdoors.
Anything you can do to prevent is a bonus.
Worth having a Tick Tool in your kit....they take up no space and weigh nothing.

http://www.lymediseaseaction.org.uk/about-ticks/tick-removal/

;)
tick removal.jpg

Gaffer tape is a good cheap solution, but backed up by a quality repellent, I got badly gnat/midge bitten on the head a while back and I had a hat on, I had to take a course of A/B's and most importantly have a pee before going out you do not want to be unzipping :eek:............MiK

Gaffer tape is a good cheap solution, but backed up by a quality repellent, I got badly gnat/midge bitten on the head a while back and I had a hat on, I had to take a course of A/B's and most importantly have a pee before going out you do not want to be unzipping :eek:............MiK
Even the thought is painful mate:lol:

You'll hear a lot of old wives tales about it, smother it with vaseline, burn out with the end of a fag end put meths on it etc etc :( how sad only one way is to remove complete with the aid of tick card or tick remover, after removal check check and check for symptoms of Lymes Disease Google it and check, if ya think you have it explain to your doctor what you do where you go, anything like my doc he'll think your a totally a ????? (silly Billy) ;) be pushy and stand ya ground . Have had a few mate with Lymes Disease and its been totally ??????? naughty to them ;) leave you to figure ??

Don't put Vaseline on them as it suffocates them and they then sick/eject their contents into you hence if their carrying lymes your be infected. Only remove them with a tick remover slowly

Back