• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
Tinbum Pellet Sizer

Review Tinbum Pellet Sizer

Coypu Hunter

Very Obsessed
Coypu Hunter submitted a new resource:

Tinbum Pellet Sizer - pellet sizer, Tinbum Tuning

I'd noticed a few flyers from a tin of JSB Exacts when shooting my .22 HW85, with no obvious explanation in terms of gusting winds, scope creep, loose stock bolts, etc. After extensive pellet testing, these slugs in 5.52 are the best match for the barrel, so I thought I'd invest in a TbT pellet sizer to see if that helps reduce the number of wayward shots, which averaged one shot out of every 10.

View attachment 80741

The pellet sizer I ordered is turned from solid brass, and consists of...

Read more about this resource...

I would be interested to hear how you get on with this.

When the sh1te weather goes away, I'll get some lead downrange and post an update. While I've never found washing & lubeing pellets to make any difference, and weighing pellets makes me lose the will to live, pellet sizing to suit the barrel makes a lot of sense to me, especially since it reshapes any bent skirts.

Nice write up and I'll be following this very closely CH, as I too have been considering purchasing one, as I get a flyer every 10 shots or so using Express in the S510. I do inspect every pellet when putting them in the mag for the S510, but for the springers, I tend to inspect 40-50 and put them in the lid of the tin and repeat as necessary. I can order the 5.52 version without hesitation, but until I know what diet the Pro Sport is going to end up liking, I need to hold off on the 4.5 options. So get ya arsh int gear and get some resizing done, after all the weather is sh1te so you may as well get on with summat useful eh. :p:whistle:

Greetings,
interesting about the pellet sizers, here in Nz
I ordered two of these in shiny brass and well made they are, however
all pellets were flying up to and around 100 fps slower in my 97, and accuracy was way worse, maybe it's just the barrel of this particular gun, ended up selling them on trade me. That was ten different pellet types and different weights, so pretty extensive testing.
all guns are different....

Greetings,
interesting about the pellet sizers, here in Nz
I ordered two of these in shiny brass and well made they are, however
all pellets were flying up to and around 100 fps slower in my 97, and accuracy was way worse, maybe it's just the barrel of this particular gun, ended up selling them on trade me. That was ten different pellet types and different weights, so pretty extensive testing.
all guns are different....
Sounds like the sizers were too small for the bore. The pellets would be a tad looser, start moving sooner, and spend less time in the barrel building velocity. Which sizers did you try?

Sounds like the sizers were too small for the bore. The pellets would be a tad looser, start moving sooner, and spend less time in the barrel building velocity. Which sizers did you try?
yep your dead right, recon there was blow past happenin and pellets became unstable, only trouble is I started with the 4.53 and that caused problems, then 4.52 which was worse! logic lead to conclusion, no point going to 4.51,
recon this 97 has a tight barrel or a wee bit more choke, it's super accurate, I just got the sizers to experiment with as Im not working at the moment, lesson learnt, back to the tuning bench for the search for perfection (addicted),

yep your dead right, recon there was blow past happenin and pellets became unstable, only trouble is I started with the 4.53 and that caused problems, then 4.52 which was worse! logic lead to conclusion, no point going to 4.51
Nope, sounds like you need to go to 4.54. You've got a slack passage there, Alice... :whistle:

Back