• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Tinderlighter Fire Lighting.

Keith

Very Addicted

You probably would not bother to carry a Tinderlighter in your bug-out bag, although you could, but as lonewolf has pointed out many times, in a major shtf situation where there is no electricity, we will be living in an 18th century technological society. In this day & age we have matches & candles or a battery torch by the bed in a blackout, but in the 18th century they used a Tinderlighter.
Keith.
Tinderlighter_REDUCED.jpg
Tinderlighter_5_REDUCED.jpg
These are replicas not antiques.

Attachments

• Tinderlighter_REDUCED.jpg
    Tinderlighter_REDUCED.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 37
These look wonderful but it occurred to me that l would be more likely to set the house on fire than light my way out of the bedroom with one. lt is pitch black here at night unless there's a moon so l use a torch to avoid tripping over anything at night. (the legs of the bed, the cat, things l've left on the floor and forgotten about, OH's boots etc etc)

These look wonderful but it occurred to me that l would be more likely to set the house on fire than light my way out of the bedroom with one. lt is pitch black here at night unless there's a moon so l use a torch to avoid tripping over anything at night. (the legs of the bed, the cat, things l've left on the floor and forgotten about, OH's boots etc etc)
Well the chances are that if you fell the candle would go out. The fact is that if you don't have an alterantive power source post blackout, then there is little choice but to use a candle. The cat & the boots have to go!:)
Keith.

Maybe l'll sleep nearer the door so there are fewer obstacles and l can feel my way out. OH can be the one negotiating them. Maybe then the boots will be put where nobody's going to trip over them. As for the cat, well he really belongs to OH and our children (OH was asked "does your wife know you're taking a cat home ?" when he got him) so l'd better not get rid of him.

Back