• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Tinned Salmon .....

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Always found at the back of the store cupboard and no doubt making a comeback during the pandemic ....

Thai salmon fish cakes ......

FCFB02D5-279C-468C-B2D7-FE8F1CCBFCAB.jpeg
58E71541-D62A-4725-B7F1-CE496961E6FA.jpeg
3C0130B4-A935-4753-9B5F-C6002EEEF6E3.jpeg

Left over mash ( cooked and cooled )
2 spring onions finely chopped
2 cubes (?) frozen chopped spinach ( could add parsley or coriander )
Small tin of pink salmon ( picked of bones and skin )
Pepper to taste
2 teaspoons of dried Thai seasoning
1 egg beaten

mix it all together ( with clean hands šŸ˜)
Shape into cricket balls
Heat oil in frying pan
Flatten and shape balls into patties
Fry both sides , turning gently ,until golden
Finish in oven to heat through
Enjoy šŸ˜‰

I wasn't always a fan of tinned fish but since I gave up smoking, tinned fish, shell fish, crab, lobster etc...love em all
I have started to eat more fish etc since giving up.... but NOTHING can ever erase the memory of my Nan's crunchy salmon sandwiches! !:fedup::fedup:
She never used to remove the bones, and you either ate them or had her walking stick across the back of your legs!

I used to go fishing with my dad, I've been filleting fish since I was twelve....I dislike kippers though because of the pin bones so I do know what you mean Jon.

I have started to eat more fish etc since giving up.... but NOTHING can ever erase the memory of my Nan's crunchy salmon sandwiches! !:fedup::fedup:
She never used to remove the bones, and you either ate them or had her walking stick across the back of your legs!

Crunchy Sandwiches :D ......not the bones.....just stale bread and turned up corners.....was'nt allowed white bread......only the green:rofl:

Back