• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Tips on gaining permission

Nifty

Quite Talkative
Hi folks im new to the forum .any tips on gaining permission. I do have 2 smaall paddocks local to me which i shoot on to help control vemin mainly corvids,pigeons and rats. But trying to get farm land is difficult to say the least , tried quite a few farms locally but no joy ,any help would be much appreciated,basc insured.or if anyone wants a shooting buddy then i am available. I am a genuine friendly trustworthy person. Thanks for reading .

Hi folks im new to the forum .any tips on gaining permission. I do have 2 smaall paddocks local to me which i shoot on to help control vemin mainly corvids,pigeons and rats. But trying to get farm land is difficult to say the least , tried quite a few farms locally but no joy ,any help would be much appreciated,basc insured.or if anyone wants a shooting buddy then i am available. I am a genuine friendly trustworthy person. Thanks for reading .
Welcome aboard. Why don't you take a moment to introduce yourself in the Welcome section?

If you stick around and participate, people will get to know you and be more likely to open up about their permissions. They're often hard-won, and hunters can be understandably wary about inviting an unkown quantity to shoot on their ground.

For some tips, have a look here: https://www.airgununiverse.uk/threads/obtaining-a-permission.191852/

How long you had the paddocks?
I found that when I was doing them the people would recommend me to their mates. Ended up with around 6 at 30 odd acres and numerous ones a phone call away that dint require full time attention.
Also mention to the farmers near your paddocks the you shoot for "Joyce" over at the stables and chances are farmer will ask Joyce next time he sees her for the rent or collecting the poop or whatever about the lad she has shooting on the field.
Local horse shows, hand out flyers mentioning that you already cover some stables.
It can be a long game but it's easier to expand from where you are than to start fresh even a few miles away.

About to 3 yrs but not much at one of them now .the other is infested with rats but the guy that runs it dsnt min them (the silly old git but the land owner does so i go when hes not about. Think hes losing the horses soon aswell so i will have to see what happens with the land .thank for the advise đź‘Ť

Look for the blue field ,local farmers have a lot of rotting maize at the mo and its getting hammered so offer to have a go for free as a 1 off .If you get a few That may rise to come back soon.Be respectful and clean n tidy .Do not for the love of ada say rifle/shotguns in the car i,l start now <screams cowboy>
Tell him/her you remove all empties/rubbish and close gates ,have insurance and as stated all ready shoot for ?? .
Have some cards printed with name and home phone number <mobile = who are u >.Every no doesnt mean flip off that card can be saved for when his rapeseed,soft fruit,orchard is getting hammered and stables ,stables stables ,hoss owners hate wabbits as a bunnie hole is a broken leg and a hoss put down,and those stables have pigeons in the roofs to be shot .
Local gunshop will have cards when shoots are looking for beaters ,beaters gets beaters day and some get asked to shoot foxes and vermin ,good luck keep smiling and dont forget if you can weld,hedgelay,electrictrickery ,plumb etc farmers like free repairs in return for shooting perms

Back