• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Toast in the outdoors.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Nothing like a piece of warm toast to complement a nice breakfast in the outdoors......supper even.
Used to have one of these......gone to the kit devil somewhere :rolleyes:
Especially useful if its pizzing down and you are cooking in the tent.

Think I may hit the button again.......or pop it on Santas list :xmas-rolleyes:

We had one of those racks but couldn't get on with it. We got a folding hand held rack with like a gauze tray which works well, the gauze heats up and toasts the slice. Only takes seconds a side.
s-l500.jpg

A chap I used to work with had a recipe for toast, when it's brown it's cooked, when it's black it's (rhymed with cooked)

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 17
We had one of those racks but couldn't get on with it. We got a folding hand held rack with like a gauze tray which works well, the gauze heats up and toasts the slice. Only takes seconds a side.
s-l500.jpg

A chap I used to work with had a recipe for toast, when it's brown it's cooked, when it's black it's (rhymed with cooked)
You've obviously not seen the kind of bush television that we sat round at Pillerton Pete :lol:

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 17
I’ve used something similar to this over an open fire:

Pecco BBQ Grilling Basket, Foldable Stainless Steel Barbecue Grill Basket for Fish Vegetables Shrimp with Removable Handle, Basting Brush and Storage Bag 32x22cm https://amzn.eu/d/ee3Iphv

Works reasonably well.

Back