• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Today's haul

Bam

Extremely Addicted
First off, apols for not taking any pictures, was up the allotment doing some manly destruction stuff (grrrrr) while the missus was doing her thang. We came away with tatties, beetroot, courgettes, mange tout (Rodney), strawberries and rhubarb. The onions are looking ready too. Not a bad haul and we've barely scratched the surface.

Can see the dehydrator getting a good beasting over the coming months.

First off, apols for not taking any pictures, was up the allotment doing some manly destruction stuff (grrrrr) while the missus was doing her thang. We came away with tatties, beetroot, courgettes, mange tout (Rodney), strawberries and rhubarb. The onions are looking ready too. Not a bad haul and we've barely scratched the surface.

Can see the dehydrator getting a good beasting over the coming months.
You can't beat it fresh out the garden

Tru dat bro, tru dat. She's boiling up some beetroot to put in a quiche for scran tonight and talking about making beetroot houmous, think I might get sick of beetroot. šŸ¤£
Home grown tatties with it too, braw.
Get her to roast some beet in the oven

Destruction and a large haul?? Sounds like a smash and grab :sneaky::rofl::rofl:

Not to bad matey sounds like yous have a very productive allotment :thumbsup:

Aye, got it about November and it was a tip, I suspect that's how we got it, in allotment terms, we're the 'young team'. I doubt they'd have wanted to hand it over to a pensioner. I was in the right place at the right time I think and managed to 'sell' us to the Borg Collective. The missus has had one for years but it was miles away but this is about a 10 minute walk, not that she ever has the lazy cow. :lol:

I'll get a phot next time I'm up.

The missus was up the allotment for the first time in a couple weeks, I've planted some garlic in waste land nearby and checked it this morning, its sprouting nicely so she wanted to make sure the allotment stuff was ok (it was). She's come home with a load more beetroot, a 'ready use' leek, and a 'ready use' leek to keep me going. That's the last of the beetroot though.

We're trying to get maximum use out of it all year round so we've still got leeks and kale in the ground and she's planted the garlic and some onions to go over winter. For the first year at this plot its been a great haul this year.

Best of all, my 'guerrilla garlic' is better than her allotment stuff apparrently, petty, moi ????? :rofl:

The missus was up the allotment for the first time in a couple weeks, I've planted some garlic in waste land nearby and checked it this morning, its sprouting nicely so she wanted to make sure the allotment stuff was ok (it was). She's come home with a load more beetroot, a 'ready use' leek, and a 'ready use' leek to keep me going. That's the last of the beetroot though.

We're trying to get maximum use out of it all year round so we've still got leeks and kale in the ground and she's planted the garlic and some onions to go over winter. For the first year at this plot its been a great haul this year.

Best of all, my 'guerrilla garlic' is better than her allotment stuff apparrently, petty, moi ????? :rofl:
That's often the way Bam, just look at gooseberries from what were once old housing estates and raspberries. Quite often way better than cultivated ones

Reactions: Bam
That's often the way Bam, just look at gooseberries from what were once old housing estates and raspberries. Quite often way better than cultivated ones

I took her advice about placing the cloves in a raised position for drainage and in a sunny spot. Had just the spot in mind but most of the ground there isn't the best. Planning on putting in different berry plants too, there's already a sprawling bramble patch which gives generously each year. I've buried hazel nuts up there too but I'll not know how that's gone for a while.

I took her advice about placing the cloves in a raised position for drainage and in a sunny spot. Had just the spot in mind but most of the ground there isn't the best. Planning on putting in different berry plants too, there's already a sprawling bramble patch which gives generously each year. I've buried hazel nuts up there too but I'll not know how that's gone for a while.
Your hazel nuts will be very dependent on the local mice and squirrel populations and if they survive it'll be years before you see a return

Reactions: Bam
Your hazel nuts will be very dependent on the local mice and squirrel populations and if they survive it'll be years before you see a return

Aye, we have some planted round the adjacent field as part of the screen, I forage those and thought I'd try some in this other field which is used a good bit less. Very much a long term project.

Back