• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Todays project

Woodlander

Very Addicted
Rowan and roe antler staff. Dont know what the silver collar is, was in a box of scrap plumbing fittings.
20190819_114505.jpg
20190819_114559.jpg
Photos of completed staff to follow

I usually use off cuts of 22mill copper pipe as ferules Jon, waste not want not is my policy and my antler handles and tops I get from my local pet food store
Bought the antler of ebay for 6.50, did look in the pet shop but tiny pieces for 9.99.

Bought the antler of ebay for 6.50, did look in the pet shop but tiny pieces for 9.99.
I once ordered rams horn from Ebay opened the box to find a pile of rotting unusable ewes horn, never again

I currently have an absolute load of antler in my stock, mostly I sell it for £18-25 each piece. The silver bit looks like a BSP fem. thread strait coupling for threaded iron pipes or threaded rod (whatever you do delete your history after searching that)

I currently have an absolute load of antler in my stock, mostly I sell it for £18-25 each piece. The silver bit looks like a BSP fem. thread strait coupling for threaded iron pipes or threaded rod (whatever you do delete your history after searching that)
Any pics? (Of the antler, not bsp female coupler. My god the Internet is corrupt!!!!)

Not the fit and finish I would like, grind up some of the leftover antler and mix with epoxy to make a filler, or get some white milliput.
20190820_114839.jpg
20190820_114824.jpg
20190820_114816.jpg
20190820_114811.jpg

I thought it looked like a damn good fit Woody, much better than many I see for sale. 👍
Thank you mate, but you aint met my harshest critic, shes a perfectionist. Plus I'm not keen on the step between the ferrule and the antler, feels uncomfortable to me. Maybe im just a fussy git lol

Thank you mate, but you aint met my harshest critic, shes a perfectionist. Plus I'm not keen on the step between the ferrule and the antler, feels uncomfortable to me. Maybe im just a fussy git lol
I take it you don't mean India 'coz we've met and I'm quite sure that she thinks the sun shines out of your fundament. Your OH must be one tough audience if she's not impressed with that stick Jon.

I take it you don't mean India 'coz we've met and I'm quite sure that she thinks the sun shines out of your fundament. Your OH must be one tough audience if she's not impressed with that stick Jon.
Shes got OCD which rubs off and gives me PIA 🤣 🤣 Claire used to be a retail manager so a right perfectionist. Tells me to take pride in my work, which isnt a bad thing

Back