• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Tonight’s bivvy .....

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Last day off before back on work rota , gonna go simple ....

US MMSS bivvy and sleeping bag
Thermarest Zmat
Decathlon inflatable pillow
British Army DPM Basha

2E662148-A9FB-4E1B-96B2-CD6FDFEFF4A6.jpeg
C14D73A0-25A4-4290-B43D-45D26903AC21.jpeg
18518F6F-6C2B-490C-86CB-F7FFC829FAC8.jpeg

First decent Photo I've seen of the US Bivvy/ sleeping bag system. What is the temperature rating shown as please, Rob?

First decent Photo I've seen of the US Bivvy/ sleeping bag system. What is the temperature rating shown as please, Rob?

Sorry , no idea without googling , it’s a modular system of lightweight ( patrol ) bag ( I don’t have one but could use British jungle bag ) , mid weight bag and outer bivvy bag . I’ve used it in February with just the mid weight bag and been toasty . The bivvy bag is excellent apart from its weight .

Reactions: Bam
Ah! thanks for that. I did a quick scan of some uk surplus websites for info but no luck.

" The bivvy bag is excellent apart from its weight ."....That kill's it for me then...:thumbsup:

By that I mean it weighs the same as the British army surplus one ,around 900g . Cheaper options available , horses for courses though I guess.

Sounds like you had a good and interesting night Rob........with seeing the satellites and all :thumbsup:
The sleep system looks the Mutts Nuts......snug as a bug :D:D

Planning on a wee fire tonight, think I'm gonna rock it very basic. Roll mat and woolly blankey, and that's more to keep the sun out my eyes in the morning. What's the worst that can happen... I spit my dummy and go back in the house. :lol: I've had 'wee overnight snoozes' out there in the past after a wee fire and didn't bother with any extras and its been gorgeous today so should be fine. I'll try and dig out the gas powered lamp to give it a go. Slainte fellow campers. :)

Back