• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Tooling 🙄

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
Thought I would have a go with the leather tooling irons, slapped some water on a scrap piece of leather, scribed some line’s to follow and then I bashed away ☺️
9E203674-468A-4F0A-8281-01E76744E929.jpeg
8FA45538-2BC6-4041-8F73-221809884724.jpeg
BBA56544-E73E-46BC-A981-19AFBC6A6482.jpeg

for the moment it’s difficult to remain within the boarder, it’s definitely practice makes perfect, when coming to the line I tried to angle the iron so it would leave a partial print just behind the boarder line but alas i struck to hard 😟 still it was fun and relaxing😁

Last edited:
If that is your 1st attempt I'd say that's a bloody brilliant effect. Those tooling irons will really give a leather project a nice finish. As with everything else, you have to start somewhere but I'm really impressed at how fast you've got into this leather working. Strait in at the deep end with no messing about.

If that is your 1st attempt I'd say that's a bloody brilliant effect. Those tooling irons will really give a leather project a nice finish. As with everything else, you have to start somewhere but I'm really impressed at how fast you've got into this leather working. Strait in at the deep end with no messing about.

cheers Mike 👍🏻 Always through myself in at the deep end mate , it’s tactical tho lol as it’s the only way I learn, I have produced some monstrosity’s of projects when throwing myself in right enough 😂

Way to go @Ark79 that is a cracking piece of work!!......you must be really pleased with that :thumbsup: :)
A few more of the same would make a nice set of coasters for home....or sale :thumbsup: :whistle:

Very nicely done mate :)

Last edited:
Back