• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Trail Camera.

Big Red

Quite Addicted
I am debating getting a Trail Cam for Basecamp, be interesting to see what is mooching around when we are not there. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what one to go for, less than £100.

Cheers.

Mike.

I have a cheap one that came from Amazon. Stills, video and sound..no visible light from the IR lamp and it uses a micro SD card which I just swap out when I’m passing and then load onto the PC

I have a cheap one that came from Amazon. Stills, video and sound..no visible light from the IR lamp and it uses a micro SD card which I just swap out when I’m passing and then load onto the PC
What make is it Mike?

Hi Mike,

I've been using one that's been out for a year. I replace the rechargeable batteries every week but they'll stretch to 2 weeks and the SD card also but the 32GB card I have in it has never run out of space.
It's a Campark T100 trail camera which can record at 4K but I don't since I then need to convert the media before my system is capable of editing it so I generally record at 2K. It was about £80 when I bought it.
I also bought one of these to secure it https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000PBT48S/
Here is my playlist for an example of the quality. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUCpnQbhJBUmQx-fUY_Rt351kB9Wi4gLy
Note that there are some videos on there which are not mine.

It all comes down to how much you want to spend. Some cameras will upload a still through a sim card to your phone when there's activity but these are much more expensive.

Hi Mike,

I've been using one that's been out for a year. I replace the rechargeable batteries every week but they'll stretch to 2 weeks and the SD card also but the 32GB card I have in it has never run out of space.
It's a Campark T100 trail camera which can record at 4K but I don't since I then need to convert the media before my system is capable of editing it so I generally record at 2K. It was about £80 when I bought it.
I also bought one of these to secure it https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000PBT48S/
Here is my playlist for an example of the quality. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUCpnQbhJBUmQx-fUY_Rt351kB9Wi4gLy
Note that there are some videos on there which are not mine.

It all comes down to how much you want to spend. Some cameras will upload a still through a sim card to your phone when there's activity but these are much more expensive.
Very useful, many thanks. Looking into it straight away. 👍👍

It takes 8 AA batteries and, even though it says not to use rechargeables, I do.

On that playlist the videos from Glencoebhoy are from the Browning SpecOps camera but I have no experience of this one.

This is it Mike, the brand is Gosira, never heard of it before but I assume it’s Chinese. The 12 megapixel is for daytime only, picture quality drops using the IR.. it was under £50 but the picture quality is as good as my neighbour’s Bushnell trail cam.
It has very mixed reviews online but I can honestly say I have had no issues with mine. As with all trail cams it is best not to site them in direct sunshine to avoid condensation and dazzle.
E56F9B3D-ADA5-465B-B56F-19A3795C1226.jpeg

Last edited:

It takes 8 AA batteries and, even though it says not to use rechargeables, I do.

On that playlist the videos from Glencoebhoy are from the Browning SpecOps camera but I have no experience of this one.
Really liking the solar version!

Sounds like mine...Victronix or something?

Back