• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Trails end.

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
The amount of gear that I buy that can honestly be prefixed with Bush Craft is pretty limited really. Ferro Rods and Para Cord I suppose, but I don't buy Bush Craft boots or Bush Craft Trousers etc, I just buy the same gear I've always bought and wear it in the woods. I seem to be fortunate in that I can buy cheap ( Berated and untouchable by Bush Craft gurus) gear and kit and use it extensively for long periods and find it lasts and performs well.
This Eurohike tent, £35 new many years ago has travelled from the Cheviot hills of Northumberland to the woods of Sussex for about 13 years of all weather and frequent use and is still weatherproof and functioning perfectly.

A bitter freezing time in a Sussex wood when the tent was stiff with ice and the frost crackled underfoot. Winter 2011/12.
Greenwood Jan-Feb 2012 003.JPG

Warmer days in a Southern wood.

DSCF4615.JPG

Sunny days high in the Northumberland hills in my mates cottage (under renovation) back garden.

DSCF4406.JPG

And that leads me on to boots.....Mil-Tec...:eek:...

Bought 5 + years ago and worn continually and I mean every day except a few Winter days in really bad weather. These are my every day boots as well as my walking boots, and I do a fair bit of walking. £ 39.99p in 2015 from one of the surplus shops
DSCF8014.JPG

After nearly 6 years they are about to be discharged with honour. After yesterday's little wander I decided their time had come. On one previous occasion I had re glued the heel section, but the ribbed construction does not aid gluing as a repair option. There is also a worn spot in the right sole which in theory could cause problems, so time to retire them.
DSC00854.JPG
DSC00853.JPG

Interestingly, the wear is all on the right foot. I think the heel failure and even the wear on the sole is from driving thousands of miles too. Pedal wear and angle of my right foot on a rubber floor mat by the accelerator pedal is probably the cause.

My winter boots are Danners, but they were issued to me last Century, so cost me nothing....:lol: :lol:
P1040802.JPG

But fear not ! After about a year of ownership of the Mil-Tecs in about 2015, I was so impressed then that I lashed out and bought a second pair and stowed them away
Here we go for another 5 years hopefully...:rofl:
DSC00855.JPG

Back