• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Trangia burner service.

Another tip for the spirit burners....wait for the burner to cool down before you screw the sealing lid back on.....if you don't............. you will have a bugger of a job unscrewing it when you next need it.....add cold hands to that and you have a problem :sad:

Try it ;)

@Harry Palmer

I beg to differ there Harry .....there is no problem snuffing it out with the simmer ring........if it is a genuine Trangia burner.
As long as that sliding plate is closed off fully and is a tight fit đź‘Ť
Never had any difficulty or problem with mine.
Never had a problem with mine either Bill but if it's a trangia copy the I couldn't be sure of the tolerances

The simmer rings have a habit of becoming a loose fit which will allow air in to the fuel chamber. Do the job properly, remove the rubber band and drop the tank lid on. I've asked a mate of mine to take a look at this site...I'll nag him again as he is a stove guru :)

The simmer rings have a habit of becoming a loose fit which will allow air in to the fuel chamber. Do the job properly, remove the rubber band and drop the tank lid on. I've asked a mate of mine to take a look at this site...I'll nag him again as he is a stove guru :)

I did mention in my above posts that the simmer plate needs to be a good fit (mine is)
If it becomes loose basic repair and kit maintenance would fix the problem and the simmer lid can be used.......and will snuff the flame.

I stand by what I posted.....the simmer ring WILL snuff the flame.........there is no need whatsoever to remove the O ring from the sealing lid.
If a person does not have a simmer ring then removing the O ring from the sealing lid would be the best option.

The original posters question was:

"My trangia burner won't go out! (Yes I know how that sounds!) I mean when I put the simmering ring on and it's closed, it just keeps burning, resulting in a waste of meths. Any ideas why? "

Answer :

More than likely due to a badly made or ill-fitting simmer ring plate that you are using.

Willie, why mess about and risk things, do it right as I posted earlier and no need to be farting about with simmer rings.

I do not consider using the simmer ring as farting about or risking anything......it works efficiently.
So you keep digging out your ring.....and I will continue to adjust my flaps.....end result we are both happy.

:D:D

Last edited:
@Woodlander

Just had a look at your link mate.........it mentions a Bruler burner?
So have you got a Bruler burner or a Trangia burner??
I can only speak for the Trangia as I have no experience with the Bruler burner.
The bruler came with its own burner so I guess it's a trangia knock off, I assumed that the design of burner was copyrighted to Trangia so took it for granted it was that make. Teach me for Assuming.

The bruler came with its own burner so I guess it's a trangia knock off, I assumed that the design of burner was copyrighted to Trangia so took it for granted it was that make. Teach me for Assuming.

Not a problem @Woodlander :)

Hope you sort your issues out with snuffing the flame....let us know how you get on đź‘Ť

Back