• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Trangia burner service.

This inspired me to clean the one on my Swedish Army Trangia......

put it against a Cetem pasted buffing wheel on the drill......now too bling to use!!.....:rofl::rofl:

Under strict instruction from Capns. OneShotCordwangler and JoeCoaltoNewcastle:

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 119
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 126
:bow: Phew............

(just seen I forgot a bit.....)

In a thread entitled. " Something better than a Trangia Burner"?

I must admit, it is all a little sad.......

"So, what have you done today, that is productive and leaves the world a better place?"
" I polished up the burner from an old Trangia stove....."
"What?"
" ...and then I posted the pictures on line..."

(Doesn't look good written out...:()

My trangia burner won't go out! (Yes I know how that sounds!) I mean when I put the simmering ring on and it's closed, it just keeps burning, resulting in a waste of meths. Any ideas why?

My trangia burner won't go out! (Yes I know how that sounds!) I mean when I put the simmering ring on and it's closed, it just keeps burning, resulting in a waste of meths. Any ideas why?
You will still get air getting under the simmer ring, just screw the cover back on

You will still get air getting under the simmer ring, just screw the cover back on
Will that not burn the rubber seal? Never used one before it was a gift I got earlier this year, came with a pot stand from Alpkit.

This is a strange one Woodlander.

Snuffing the flame should not be a problem using the simmer lid when it's fully closed off and placed over the flame.
After extinguishing screw your sealed lid on to save evaporation of fuel when the burner has cooled down a little.
Some say burning a Trangia dry can damage it and cause very small cracks around the top of the burner below the jets.
Have you had a good look to check on that?
I tend to just drop the simmer cap onto the burner rather than place it on.........never had a problem putting the flame out yet.....maybe try that?
Also, make sure the simmer plate is a snug fit on the lid......not too loose?

Take the seal out of the lid and drop lid on burner, no need to try and screw it on, you won't snuff it out just using the simmer ring.

@Harry Palmer

I beg to differ there Harry .....there is no problem snuffing it out with the simmer ring........if it is a genuine Trangia burner.
As long as that sliding plate is closed off fully and is a tight fit đź‘Ť
Never had any difficulty or problem with mine.

@Woodlander

Just had a look at your link mate.........it mentions a Bruler burner?
So have you got a Bruler burner or a Trangia burner??
I can only speak for the Trangia as I have no experience with the Bruler burner.

Back