• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Troubled times...

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
Looking in from the outside, and with absolutely no interest in the political aspects of both occasions, tomorrow will be an interesting day in the USA.
Impeachment proceedings against the President begin in earnest in Washington DC, and major law changes effecting gun owners are being voted upon in Richmond, Virginia.
I read that areas of Richmond have been fenced/barricaded off and local (temporary) laws banning firearms have been introduced.

As stated above, I have no interest at all in the political angles of these events, but the situation in Richmond interests me from an historical view as Virginia was one of the original 13 'Revolutionary' States where the 'Right to keep and bear arms' was first voiced, and tomorrow it appears that The State Governor and others are going to attempt to change or 'modify' that constitutional Right...

Yes, it's a very emotive issue from what I can gather. The governor has basically suspended the 2nd amendment. Too many it is a red flag and they are going to protest it by bearing arms and the police will be there to enforce the ban...

Dangerous times, high tensions,unsure people on both sides. All with guns, hopefully both sides respect each other’s boundaries. After all there all sensible gun owners.

Surely they understand that you can’t change the constitution..........

what does amendment mean again?

Reactions: Bam

I know that’s a hypothetical question 38 but I’m going to answer it anyway lol.

am sure amendment means..... “in the back door” (not in the rude way)

• Haha

That and the 'RIght to bear arms' to stop the government taking away their freedoms..... That works fine when every fecker is using a musket/Kentucky rifle, not so much when you have your AR15 and 'da man' has Apache gunships, cruise missiles and tanks. Its a lot of keech to justify playing with guns.

1579905944038.gif

• Haha
Well,after all the tension and potential for a lot of people to get hurt, out of the tens of thousands who attended, it's reported there was one arrest.
A lady wore a full face mask and got nicked under emergency legislation. It is notable that the anti gun protesters stayed away, so there was no opposition or counter protest.
I read with interest that the anti gun lobby rejoices under the general name of ANTIFA....Which name has an interesting origin...

" borrowed from German Antifa, short for antifaschistisch "anti-fascist," in Antifaschistische Aktion (multiparty front initiated by the German Communist Party in 1932 to counter Nazism) and in other collocations "

So if you favour guns you're a Fascist !......and if you are against guns.....you're a Commie!

With a slight twist to the words of the recently departed maestro...Terry Jones,

They're all very naughty boys...............:rofl:

Back