• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

U.C.O. Candle conversion

Had to stop the burn with the vape tin.....things were getting a bit warm :alert::rofl:
I need to trim down the top of the candle tube as the vape tin sits low in it and heats the edge.....trimming it down should stop that and not stifle the flame :thumbsup:
On-going:D

Yes, I think so Mark.........it was worth a try but not very efficient or user-friendly.

I will stick with the "Baby Feuerhand Lanterns" when they turn up..........15 ish Hr burn on one fill........reasonable and mellow light........heat......quiet....... cheap to run......easy to maintain.......what's not to like :D

Jobs a good'un :thumbsup:

The two Feurehand Baby Lanterns arrived. :thumbsup:

Bought them on Ebay used condition......and they aren't half bad :)
Checked the wicks and both have a good bit of life left in them.......needed to trim them though.

Filled up to the line and let the wicks soak for 15 minutes......then sparked them up.

DSC03357.JPG

Nice clean flame and giving off a gentle heat.
Filled them with Citronella lamp oil..........see how much light they throw this evening:thumbsup:

Happy days :D

@Ark79

I have used paraffin lanterns in the past..........but not for camping........and not the "Feuerhand Lanterns"
Tried them out last night and very happy with them.......plenty of good usable light........and quiet.......no hissing or mantles to worry about.
Need to transport them dry/empty of course.........takes minutes to fill.......wick soaks after about 10 minutes from dry.
Best to let them soak well from dry as you can ruin the wick if you don't.
Be nice for me and Lorraine to use up in the shed too:thumbsup:

Goes without saying that care needs to be exercised when using in a shelter/tent.......better hanging them if possible.....and ventilate :thumbsup:

Cheap to run:thumbsup:

Back