• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
U.S. Army Large Alice Pack

Review U.S. Army Large Alice Pack

Leif

Extremely Talkative
Leif submitted a new resource:

U.S. Army Large Alice Pack - All Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment

I'm a fan of the external frame pack and recently decided to swap my Swedish LK35 for an Alice pack, the pack in question was the large model and after buying a new set of shoulder straps (my old ones were missing?) I packed it and took off for a weekend in the woods.

Alice is an All-purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment, basically a backpack...

Read more about this resource...

Nice review looks a good bit of kit, but does seem to stick out alot from your back which looks like it would make you unbalanced. But I guess if packed right it would be fine.

personnaly i dont like american rucksacks(bergens) as they look "chipshop" with everything hanging as it can get caught on things and rip off again this is just personnal prefrence.

Ya I agree Rick hence no additions on the outside - as I say the medium pack is crap but I found the large good.

Gazo oddly looks are decieving in this case - but then it is packed as per the review with the weight next to the body ......... a good tip I always try to observe is to pack the sack and then stand it up on its own if it falls forward onto the straps or stays upright the weights ok - if it falls backwards onto then the weights towards the rear and as such unbalanced.

I have just spent two days out hiking around with the sack and have no noticable problems with it

I've had a quick google around trying to confirm how many litres this is, seems they don't think this information to be too important!

It would be better if it had a hydration pack incorporated into it.
Is it noisy when brushing against foliage ?

A hydration bladder could be fitted into the innner pocket - I dont like them though so I wouldnt do it myself. And not especially noisy mind you I wasnt trying to stalk anything so wasnt aware of noise

A hydration bladder could be fitted into the innner pocket - I dont like them though so I wouldnt do it myself. And not especially noisy mind you I wasnt trying to stalk anything so wasnt aware of noise

ok cheers mate, i was just think how it would fair for deer hunting in NZ conditions, I found often a hydration pack is good when climbing up rocky faces and your unable to drop your pack ti get a drink for fear of falling 1000m lol and again a lot of deer are ofyen spotted here while pushing through the native bush on your way to camp site so a quite pack is good, these nylon packs are damn noisy whwh pushing through Teetree but you guys probably have very different vegetation.

Back