• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

UCO Candle conversion project.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Anyone using the UCO Candles fancy converting it to oil/paraffin ?
Cheaper to run and burns a lot longer.

Found this a good example of doing just that :thumbsup:

Used to be able to buy the conversion.....but as said in the video......quite hard to find now.

I think this could be why you can't buy the oil conversions anymore..... They make too much money from the candle sales.
They do work out expensive.... Especially the Bees Wax variety.

Anyone using the UCO Candles fancy converting it to oil/paraffin ?
Cheaper to run and burns a lot longer.

Found this a good example of doing just that :thumbsup:

Used to be able to buy the conversion.....but as said in the video......quite hard to find now.

Haven't done this yet bill but I do like Simons videos there really knowledgeable

Havev you seen the video he did on the diy Baker tent. :thumbsup:

Haven't done this yet bill but I do like Simons videos there really knowledgeable

Havev you seen the video he did on the diy Baker tent. :thumbsup:

Hi Gav :)

No mate I don't think I have.....will go and find it.....you O.K. buddy?

Hi Gav :)

No mate I don't think I have.....will go and find it.....you O.K. buddy?

Yeah I'm good thanks Bill itching to get out as is everyone else

How is lorraine and your self now. Cant wait for this to end bill.

Glad to hear it mate :thumbsup:
We are all good now thanks buddy.

Soon be out and about again Gav....doing our THANG :rofl:

Simon is about to do a conversion for the mini UCO, the one that uses tea lights ( as I use...), but as you can get 10 hr tea lights, I wonder?

Big fan of his videos, especially the canoeing ones!! He has also made a stunning baker tent!!:thumbsup:

Simon is about to do a conversion for the mini UCO, the one that uses tea lights ( as I use...), but as you can get 10 hr tea lights, I wonder?

Big fan of his videos, especially the canoeing ones!! He has also made a stunning baker tent!!:thumbsup:

I did try a small oil burning pot Lol.....they were turned out of Aluminium with screw top lids......they worked O.K. but only Burnt for about an hour as I remember.....so not very efficient
They were about the same size as a 10 hour Tea Light.

Simons test results confirmed a burn of 21 hours.....a much better and cheaper return and option on weekend trips or longer stays in the woods. :)

Easier than the Feuerhand Lanterns to transport and pack......bonus :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The 21 hrs was for the bigger UCO candlelight......2 tea lights pack into the mini, giving 20 hrs burn......1 night each?
No doubt Simon will come up with something pretty neat though?? :whistle: Did you see his Baker tent??? (yet......) :thumbsup:

Hi Lol.

Yes I have watched the video.....what a cracking job he made of the excellent Baker Tent :thumbsup:
That canoe is something else as well :)

Back