• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

UK campsites which allow fires

Nice One ....... Brow house Farm Whitby is now on my list .......

UK scout camp sites allow fires ( on raised trestles) and most are generally open to the public these days , although avoid school holidays !

Canal Camping, Dilham, Norfolk/Hickling Camping Norfolk/Rushbanks Farm Suffolk

I can recommend Loch Ken Holiday Park.
This summer, stayed a week with the family there and had a great time. Fires allowed as long as off the grass. One night the thunder and lightning was spectacular (and scary when the tent goes from darkness to daylight). The following week we stayed at Banff Links campsite and as it's next to the beach had a fire every night of 3 we stayed. IMG_20190720_222004.jpg IMG_20190730_211446.jpg

Nice pictures and sounds like an enjoyable and eventful trip @Peatburner
Thats a nice fire pit and grill you are using.......what make is it?
The beach location looks good for a camp and a spot of fishing.......did you take your own firewood in with you on that one?

Reactions: lol
Three Rivers Camping Geldeston Norfolk.

I was using a BBQ which I take when car camping, I detached the lid for having the fire, not sure the make but had it for a few years now. For both sites I always take a folding saw and bags with me and make sure I get enough wood for the coming night. At Loch Ken there was woods behind the site and the owner said he sold firewood or I could help myself to the woods, (no brainer) there was plenty. On the beach I would collect driftwood which was plentiful.

Comrie Croft out the back of Crieff allow fires as long as they're off the ground. The provide stuff and sell wood. They've got fields and a wooded area with pitches so a bit of variety. Not been for a while, need to try and talk the missus into another wee visit.

Nice site, stayed for a weekend last year. I like the way they limit the number of tents so it never seems busy.

I do mind that there was some interesting stuff in the site shop like organic pesto etc for the discerning camper. :lol: They have the bike tracks and there's some good walking round about, a decent walk into Comrie for a wee pint and if one leads to 8 you can always get the bus back to the campsite.

Nice pictures and sounds like an enjoyable and eventful trip @Peatburner
Thats a nice fire pit and grill you are using.......what make is it?
The beach location looks good for a camp and a spot of fishing.......did you take your own firewood in with you on that one?
The beach at Banff must be good for fishing because there were gannets constantly diving not far out, didn't see anyone else fishing though.

Back