• Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

UK Crime figures are up, or are they?

lonewolf

Neo Luddite Prepared Survivalist.
recorded crime is up 14%, wonder how much the unreported crime is?

Ystranc

I suspect that there is a greater emphasis being put on violent crime figures so that Chief Constables can justify protecting their budgets. I'm putting the whole thing down to political manoeuvring.

Roddas

Slightly Talkative
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42815768

The latest crime figures make for interesting reading, and may support the governments case for a ban on internet knife sales
I think banning the online sales of knifes is absolutely pointless seeing as a lot of the knife crime being reported is being carried out with household kitchen knifes so unless they plan on making us cut our steak with a spoon it really isn't going to make any difference at all.

greenbear

Extremely Addicted
I think banning the online sales of knifes is absolutely pointless seeing as a lot of the knife crime being reported is being carried out with household kitchen knifes so unless they plan on making us cut our steak with a spoon it really isn't going to make any difference at all.
I agree, Roddas, and a ban would certainly have a very negative effect on the, small but busy, knife industry. I suspect this is the government looking to be seen to doing something positive. I, like you, doubt whether it will reduce the knife crime figures one iota.

greenbear

Extremely Addicted
its because they have to be "seen to be doing something", its not because they give a damn.
I suspect they actually do give a damn, because issues like crime and NHS stats have a very strong influence on the voting populace, and based on the last election I would suggest the present government has lost a lot of its popularity

lonewolf

yes but whats the alternative? Corbyn and his band of Marxists?

lonewolf

like someone said on question time, "I wouldn't trust Diane Abbot to run a bath" nor any of the others either.

greenbear

Extremely Addicted
As a political question, there appears not much in the way of alternatives. If there was an election in the immediate future Mr Corbyn could well stand a good chance of winning. If the currently elected government goes full term I would suspect he may no longer be leader (or wish to be), but we shall have to wait and see.

lonewolf

sadly you may be right about JC's chance of winning an election, too many millennials and snowflakes who haven't seen enough of real life yet and get sucked in my all the left's lies. I hope it dosent come to pass, if it does this country will really be in the brown sticky stuff.

greenbear

Extremely Addicted
I think we are drifting it the brown stuff regardless of who holds the reigns - although I guess we must all think that way or none of us would be on a preppers forum ;)

Keith

Very Addicted
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42815768

The latest crime figures make for interesting reading, and may support the governments case for a ban on internet knife sales
It also proves that no matter how many restrictions you place on law abiding citizens, the criminals will always have access to & use guns & knives. We have a shooting or a knifing in Australia almost every day, yes I know, we are a big country, but the carrying of guns & knives is totally banned here. If you have a legitimate reason for carrying a knife, then fine, but they are pretty strict.
Keith.