• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
Umarex Tornado Co2 4.5mm BB

Review Umarex Tornado Co2 4.5mm BB

Liberalgun

Slightly Addicted
Liberalgun submitted a new resource:

Umarex Tornado Co2 4.5mm BB - Cheap and very cheerful!

The Umarex Tornado Co2 4.5mm BB (BB only) .44 Magnum is a faux revolver based on nothing, which carries a 10 shot circular BB magazine.

This pistol cost me £45.00 from a local gun shop, ordered especially for me which seemed a bit odd for such an inexpensive pistol. But then I saw the shop and it is odd! :whistle:

Mostly however this pistol is sold at £59.95 but it's worth that all day long IMO.

It is a mix of pure ABS outer and metal inner, with a metal trigger, hammer, Co2...

Read more about this resource...

Excellent review. Sounds like my Crosman Vigilante -- cheap and cheerful, yet lots of fun. If you fancy another revolver, but one which can also shoot pellets, take a look at one of those.

What kind of spread are you getting at 6 yards or 10 yards? Tin-can size, or better?

Excellent review. Sounds like my Crosman Vigilante -- cheap and cheerful, yet lots of fun. If you fancy another revolver, but one which can also shoot pellets, take a look at one of those.

What kind of spread are you getting at 6 yards or 10 yards? Tin-can size, or better?

Thank you ... Yes, it looks very similar in many ways to the Vigilante though I think the Vigilante is a bit of a better thing, but then it's £80 so it should be. Tat houses it's mag at the front of the faux cylinder doesn't it .... Yet the relative FPS between them much favours the Vigilante ... Though the Vigilante looks like it has a slightly longer barrel overall maybe.

Interestingly I have just been looking and Solware have reduced the price of the Tornado to £54.95 ... I think it is worth that but was a real bargain at £45 .... It can obviously be sold at £45 with a profit, so why do most suppliers always have to push the price out to what the market will bear? I cannot remember who but I saw a Tornado at £75.99 somewhere which is crazy ........ It seems so silly to 'up ticket' entry level 'fun' pistols, disauding purchase, yet pistols which could help create the next generation of Daystate buyers. [Gallic shrug]

Accuracy? You may be asking the wrong chap ..... Well, if I just blast away a get a group which is close to within the M25 :D .... Cocked/staged standard sights then yes, tin can at about 6 mtr, with the red dot better, maybe a little... The main problem is that it is me shooting the thing , I suspect in a decent hand it would shoot a maybe a 1 - 1 1/2 inch group, I think it's pretty accurate.

For anyone interested the Tornado is designated 'The Brodax' in N America and Canada.

I recently bought a Webley Alecto in .22. It's such a cracking pistol for me to shoot, I'm selling my Artemis PP700SA to fund the latest version of the Webley in 177.

Cool, I much prefer the Tornado to the X5 at c.24% of the price; It appears so much of this air gun life for me and many others, is how the pistol/gun makes one feel... Rather than it's pure ability to throw a pellet a few metres.

After what is now going to three months of air gun ownership and having bought the two pistols and the rifle the next thing for me is practicality - Meaning a shooting stand/bench of some sort, buy in some more C02, more targets, spares for the rifle such as O rings etc. etc.

What happens after that I'm really not sure as yet .... It is probably either some sort of cylinder/removable shell casing revolver in all steel or it is a pcp rifle and tank .... Dunno...... Depends somewhat on how much spondulix Mrs Liberalgun requires to restock her wardrobe for the new season or indeed, just thing she fancies. Which I am 100% behind. For me she always comes first but then for herself I always come first... so we both do good.

Unfortunately with myself no longer working, choices have to be made... Which is extremely dull :evileye:

Hi guys im new to the forum so hope you dont mind me jumping in on this post.
I have one of these guns my self, i have never really been into the revolver style of pistol untill i seen this and I love it. Heres a pic of mine :) 20181231_131546.jpg

Thanks very much willie. The only thing i dont like about the pistol is the allen key thats in the handle to tighten the co2 screw. Its only housed in the plastic grip and i tightend mine the other day and they plastic just snapped

Looks like Umarex have nicked a few ideas from the Chiappa Rhino firearm...

prodotti_immagini_immagine_806.jpg

...but I like the look of the BB revolver.

As I've said before, if you like revolvers and want a bit more power and accuracy (rifled barrel, shoots pellets as well as BBs) for a not-too-silly budget, the Vigilante is a solid bit o' kit... ;)

Pistols.jpg

Liberal gun I see you are from Brecon I'm not far from you in Abergavenny, is there a rfd local to you as Sportsman gun Centre which I usually use has very low stocks since C19.

Back