• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Us & Un Peacekeepers Did Nothing As Us Aid Workers Were Raped, Beaten, Shot Right Next To Them.

I think its more of a probability!:D almost an inevitability.

Last edited:
that's where we agree to disagree, I think its just a matter of time.
I don't think "society" is sustainable, not in the long run, civilisations have collapsed before and so will this one.
our reliance as a nation on technology makes it inevitable.
the weak link and the common link is Electricity and every winter we come within a rats whisker of demand outstripping supply, one day it will and then the lights, and everything else that uses electricity, will shut down.

For the government system to fail imo there would have to be a mass kul of MP lol. or a massive fail in the trade market. War wouldn't do it because there will always be someone giving orders. A wouldn't count on them failing themselves there will always be a continuation of power

in these days of globilisation its all about the supply chain, dosent matter if its food or the latest shiny tv the result is the same, cut the supply line and the whole system falls apart, then watch the plebs panic and riot!
most if not all supply lines are of the "just in time" variety, 3 days stock(maximum), sure thats okay...until something disrupts the flow of goods then all hell breaks loose.

Agreed that would send mass panic around the globe and cause some people ( not all ) to worrie about it. but a don't think it would destroy governments

it would sever "society" as we know it and bring about societal collapse, I don't think governments would survive that , if it happened here the British government would be hard pressed to control London never mind the rest of the country, they just haven't got enough troops or police, many of whom would take care of their own families first, especially if the economic system had collapsed- which it would- and they weren't being paid - or even fed.

Ther would be a select few that would riot and the mass of people would stay at home until the government rapped things up. You can't count on the government to help you in a situation like that but you can count on them helping ther selfs and the system. Total collapse of government only exists in books and films

most people would riot if they were starving. I keep saying the government is not there to save us in an emergency, the only person that can do that for us, is us.
the government is there to tax you and control you, if that isn't possible in SHTF then don't expect them to come riding over the hill like Custer and the 7th Cavalry, it aint going to happen.
they'll be too busy looking after themselves and their other elite chums.
in a real world changing event there are still plans in force to air lift them to a bunker complex in Canada, that's well known and has never been cancelled.

what your saying could be true but it dose not support a full collapse of government only a collapse in the population

a collapse in the population would also decrease the taxes the govt would receive, maybe they wouldn't get any taxes at all if the situation was dire enough, taxes are the governments lifeblood, without money- the taxpayers money- they couldn't function.

what your talking about has happened but not in the U.K. Take Africa that had and still suffering from a major collapse in population and war and famine and still to this day it has a government. There never will be a full collapse of government it just won't happen

oh well, we will just have to agree to disagree.
one of the things I am definitely prepping for is societal collapse and the govt are part of society too.

Each to there own
Personally a prep for eventualitys like bad winters hot summers natural disasters job loss,illness. the government doesn't rule my decision nor make me paranoid enough to preper for such (how do you say it) drivel!!

that's where you and I differ. but I should refrain from calling those that do paranoid or that their views are drivel. we are all entitled to our opinion.

Back