• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

useful Books ...

Not really a book person mate. However am slowly getting through one of Ray Mears books at the moment. The one that follows the tv series... I plan on learning about wild plants (edibles) in the near future so that’s my next book :thumbsup:

Not really a book person mate. However am slowly getting through one of Ray Mears books at the moment. The one that follows the tv series... I plan on learning about wild plants (edibles) in the near future so that’s my next book :thumbsup:

ive had all of the ray books at one time and i found them ok ish ....the wild food book he did was ok but it was very hard to follow/use ...so i went for the food for free book as it was more geared for the uk

ive had all of the ray books at one time and i found them ok ish ....the wild food book he did was ok but it was very hard to follow/use ...so i went for the food for free book as it was more geared for the uk[/QUOT
E]

He dose have a way with words right enough lol

Didn’t really have a particular book in mind for the wild plants matt. Will look into it more next year :thumbsup:

I'll look at those links on the of later, got a bit of reading to do of 2 Ray Mears books I recently got, and I've just bought a copy of Snow Walkers Companion which will take a while to get here from the States.

Look at getting "food for free" by Colins (and available in the pocket size Collins Gem series.) It is probably the best basic primer for edible plants in the UK.

Av always fancied a journal:D and learn this way by identifying drawing and writing notes:thumbsup: makes it a little more personal :)

Av always fancied a journal:D and learn this way by identifying drawing and writing notes:thumbsup: makes it a little more personal :)
A journal is also extremely useful from a prepper perspective for making a note of where and when you find resources, either natural or man made. Addresses (map references) of warehouses or fuel stores as much as where the blaeberries are growing or where the blackberries are fruiting latest.

A journal is also extremely useful from a prepper perspective for making a note of where and when you find resources, either natural or man made. Addresses (map references) of warehouses or fuel stores as much as where the blaeberries are growing or where the blackberries are fruiting latest.

A would agree with that mate

Like the look of. Finding your way without a map or compass. And the sea shore :thumbsup:

Bushcraft - Richard Graves
Ultimate Guide to Wilderness Living - John McPherson
The Outdoor Handbook - Raymond Mears
Food For Free - Richard Maybe
Herbs and Healing Plants of Britain and Europe - Dieter Podlech
Mountainman Crafts and Skills - David Montgomery

Back