• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Useful out and about repairs ?

I have a bag of these pellets somewhere, bought them a few years back for something which I cant remember now.
But yes they do work well if you make a mistake just remelt them.

If you have any left over after melting dont roll it into a ball as its a nightmare to remelt, I flattened mine out and when it went hard I cut it up into small bits which then remelted easy.

I bought some, marvellous stuff, my Dad's wedding ring was for ever falling off his finger, because of the bands width I couldn't get a clip, a few pellets in hot water, a bit of moulding later, boom, ring in place, tried a little experiment for strength, made a loop ish design, let it set, I could neither pull it apart or break it apart, some of this is going in my bag, endless possibilities :)

Depends on how thick a piece and how quickly it cools off, the bit on Dad's ring, minutes the loop was a little longer with running under cold water as well, got a busy morning but I will do a strength test later.

Back