• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Expired Using Flint

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the problem joe only collect pieces yourself that you have dug up hence they have been underground away from any frost, picking up bits from the floor or using bits that poking out the earth is a waste of time to make big items, the method I've got is when i find bits poking out the ground dig around there deeper for the buried ones.

This is a good read on the subject ;)

http://www.flintknappingtools.com/where_flint.html
Interesting reading mate, a lot of my flint comes from eroding chalk cliffs of which as you know we have many down here. The lump that shattered had been laying in my garden for a couple of years, the pieces I sent to Flavio came from that lump

Interesting reading mate, a lot of my flint comes from eroding chalk cliffs of which as you know we have many down here. The lump that shattered had been laying in my garden for a couple of years, the pieces I sent to Flavio came from that lump

If they have been in the chalk they should be good, funny enough where we're going on the survival event has a lot underground josh finds good lumps when digging after metal detector finds ;)

If they have been in the chalk they should be good, funny enough where we're going on the survival event has a lot underground josh finds good lumps when digging after metal detector finds ;)
My five pound lump still has most of the cortex on it which is good

Ummmm nice, I'm going to do some napping when I can sit out in the sun, I've got plenty on till then :rofl: do you use antler for snapping edges joe?

Ummmm nice, I'm going to do some napping when I can sit out in the sun, I've got plenty on till then :rofl: do you use antler for snapping edges joe?
No, I use a hammer stone for the roughing out then a tiny ball peen pin hammer and then a screwdriver for find flaking although I do have an antler tip

It is traditional. . . . I use tip the for clipping and heavy end as a light hammer, I got a few if you need one ;)

2 nice hammers. . . .

image.jpeg

I got loads of antler have a dig through the bag when you come up ;)

any chance you could send me some will gladly send postage and packing first

any chance you could send me some will gladly send postage and packing first
Are you going to use it for making bladed or for using with a steel Jeff, it will help me to decide what bits to send

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back