• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Expired Using Flint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joecole

Very Obsessed
I know that many of you like the old methods of making fire including the use of flint and steel. Well I can get good quality flint in abundance so if anyone whose attending the summer meet want some I'll bring a few lumps down
IMG_20170127_125511_hdr.jpg

This particular lump weighs in at about 5lbs

If you can send some to north of Norway, i'm in Joe.:whistle:
If doesn't no problem at all. :thumbsup:

Hei Joe!
The package has arrived.
Three beautiful pieces of flint.
Very gentil from you to send it.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you very much mate. ;)

Hei Joe!
The package has arrived.
Three beautiful pieces of flint.
Very gentil from you to send it.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you very much mate. ;)

Glad its arrived Flavio, should be enough to give you several thousand strikes

Thanks mate, I've got it local but I don't currently have any nice big bits with a good sound to them, I will be doing some napping this spring/summer for some new blades and arrows ;)

Thanks mate, I've got it local but I don't currently have any nice big bits with a good sound to them, I will be doing some napping this spring/summer for some new blades and arrows ;)
Look forward to seeing the result, one big block I had must have had some cracks because the frost this winter shattered it into about a dozen pieces

That's the problem joe only collect pieces yourself that you have dug up hence they have been underground away from any frost, picking up bits from the floor or using bits that poking out the earth is a waste of time to make big items, the method I've got is when i find bits poking out the ground dig around there deeper for the buried ones.

Look for blocks that ring when you tap them lightly with a stone guys reject ones that give a flat dull thudding tone,

This is a good read on the subject and good info on all Flint tool making ;)

http://www.flintknappingtools.com/where_flint.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back