• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
Vansky 700 Lumen LED Flashlight

Review Vansky 700 Lumen LED Flashlight

Coypu Hunter

Very Obsessed
Coypu Hunter submitted a new resource:

Vansky 700 Lumen LED Flashlight - A ridiculously powerful torch for under a tenner!

I'll be perfectly honest: I wasn't expecting much from a flashlight that costs £8.99 from Amazon, with free UK delivery, or £4.08 delivery to France. Something for nothing, and all that...

However, my LED pocket torch gave up the ghost, and I needed a replacement, so thought I'd take a punt.

View attachment 80722

The flashlight seems solidly made from aluminium, , and is fairly light -- weighing in at just 120 grams. It is 13cm long on the floodlight setting, the body is 30mm in...

Read more about this resource...

Coypu Hunter updated Vansky 700 Lumen LED Flashlight with a new update entry:

Still going strong

I replaced the original (supplied) batteries last week, which were starting to lose power after being in the torch for over a year, and used regularly. I put in a rechargeable Li-Ion 18650 and the supplied plastic sleeve that centers the battery in the torch. The torch itself is now even brighter than with 3x standard batteries.

I keep it next to the back door, and it's my go-to torch whenever I need one. The Vansky has performed so well that I'm probably going to order a couple more, one...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Mine arrived yesterday and I'm pleased with it's performance. I will compare supplied AAA's against an 18650 in the not to distant future. My only negative would the machining of the threads on the battery compartment. They are rather rough and care was needed to prevent cross threading.

Mine arrived yesterday and I'm pleased with it's performance. I will compare supplied AAA's against an 18650 in the not to distant future. My only negative would the machining of the threads on the battery compartment. They are rather rough and care was needed to prevent cross threading.

I have had my T6 a few years now although its a different shape and brand , I find the 18650 great power wise and last longer on outings than AA or AAA batteries but although they are advertised as Lion = Lithium they do eventually get to the stage where they just will not hold a charge , I had 6 here at one time but only 2 of those will charge now .

I have had my T6 a few years now although its a different shape and brand , I find the 18650 great power wise and last longer on outings than AA or AAA batteries but although they are advertised as Lion = Lithium they do eventually get to the stage where they just will not hold a charge , I had 6 here at one time but only 2 of those will charge now .
I use them in my vaping mods, have done for about a year (six in rotation), and they haven't stopped holding a charge yet. Most of mine are Panasonics, with a couple of Samsungs, and they're still going strong.

I have 12 X Samsung 18650's on rotation in groups of three, 6 in pairs and four singles, all for my vaping mods, although at this moment in time I'm not vaping as I'm trying to shake off the last remnants of a cough before I go into hospital. Now all I need to find is clip on red cover and get a mounting bracket to fit it to a scope and I'll be ready for that perm that is almost signed and sealed.

I use a Cree one, not sure of the model name but it too can be used using 3 AAA batteries or the supplied rechargeable battery.
20191127_192722.jpg

Back