• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
Vansky 700 Lumen LED Flashlight

Review Vansky 700 Lumen LED Flashlight

Only just (Finally) found time to read some posts from the forum and this was the first post my eye fell upon. And I'm sorry if this is OLD news guys but gonna bust a few bubbles!
They torch described is a GENERIC make. And the reportedly *Cree T6 (XML-L T6) led the MAXIMUM flux for this led was 980lm (but this has now been increased to 1040lm.) But this is with a perfect filter and battery. Not something you would expect to be fitted in this torch. The expected max for a Cree led with 18650 cell is 340lm and with 3x AAA batteries 280lm. But NOTHING EVEN CLOSE to 700lm. That is like the 18650 batteries of 999,900mAh!! Another fake! 🌝.

* There are MANY inferior led based on the Standard Cree denominations, though mostly they are VERY inferior items. Both in terms of output and reliability.

Either way, it's a very bright torch in a small package, and I now have 6 or 7 of them dotted around the house and in the vehicles.

Of that I have NO DOUBT Bossman!🤭. But no more brighter than many other torches?
I myself went for an Astrolux, takes the larger 28650 cell and equipped with 7 led it does get a tad warm! (It also has a huge amount of different things it can do🤗)
But that only cost me £40 and is bright enough to not only see it would or could easily temporarily blind an intruder!! And possibly alert other households up to several hundred of meters away having my light lighting up their bedroom at 3 in the morning🤔🌝!
Basically it's horses for courses and if you LIKE something?? I am not going to persuade you otherwise?
Well no I'm not. Because I am not going to try 🤭. But I will always give an honest answer where I can.
EACH to there own.

Back