• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Vegetable growing calendar.

lee

Slightly Obsessed
image.png

cant see much if anything for this month to go in. . . .

Ok, as seeds or plants? nothing else?
Get your spring greens in but pretty much it's about 4 weeks to late for most things. 4/5 weeks ago I put in beet, carrots and 4 rows of potatoes. First hint of frost and I'll mulch the potatoes with a really thick layer of lawn mowings so I'll be eating new pots with my Christmas dinner. You could probably still do spuds in grow bags in a sheltered area

I will give it a rest for now and hit it hard next year early in the spring like last year

That's the plan but I'm in tubs so I will probably just totally reload them

That's the plan but I'm in tubs so I will probably just totally reload them
I know that works but I still like to chop in some heavier compost.Round here the council collect our green waste and compost it, I chop that in along with a few handfuls of fish blood and bone

Looking at the chart I guess it's time to seed the tomatoes indoors?

Is it to late to see onions indoors?

Tom's are done, not bothering with onions this year, but garlic, now we're talking :)

We grew them last year and to be honest a lot went begging, just don't like to see stuff wasted :(
I reckon to lose about one in five while growing and about the same in storage which is in my case acceptable because of the number of sets I put in, so far 50 in the raised bed and pots with around 80 stutgarter giant still to put in

Right the plan is to seed indoors this weekend. . . .

French beans
Celery
Onions
Toms
Peppers

What about planting some garlic bulbs joe I got some organic ones today, shall I cook em or plant them :rofl: if planting shall they go Straight into tubs outdoors or in pots indoors? If it's indoors can they be moved out the pots to be replanted into tubs outside later?

Back