• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Video cameras...uploading etc.

Also, if there's an option on the camera for the type of video, try NOT to use AVCHD which apparently is a Sony proprietary video format that many video editing programs do not support.

@G1ZmO

Hi Paul.

Many thanks for the further help mate.
I have to go into the shop today.......so won't be on the computer today.
I will have a look at what you have kindly advised this evening when I get back home.
I did get some files up from the card to computer.......and managed to find the video after clicking on several headings.
I can play the video but can't get it into Picasa to view.
I also use PMB would that support the video better?

Appreciate your time mate.

Forgot to add......I will look at the camera video settings.........apart from ADHV what would you suggest to set it at mate?

This page infers that the standard video output of that camera is the proprietary Sony AVCHD
DSC-HX7/HX7V | “PMB (Picture Motion Browser)” | Cyber-shot User Guide

Sony PMB (which I've never seen) apparently does let you create movie disks (though it doesn't mention directly a format which can be uploaded to YT)

Here is a forum mention of editing with PMB
Picture Motion Browser and Video Editing

This one is a bit more in depth about the difficulties of converting the AVCHD format to something which is usable in editing programs but the inference that I'm reading into it is that the AVCHD format is the only one that the Sony camera creates.
Mini Guide - AVCHD to Anything Using DGAVCdec

If you could you could create a short movie file and send it to me and I'll see if I can convert it or find a program which you could use to edit it in a format that's YouTubeable

Hmm......now I'm spinning again lol.
I may take a break from the Sony camera Paul and try to work out how to use the Tom Tom Bandit camera.
I think it might be easier to get a grip with......she said lol.
I will persivere with the Sony camera but the ADHV could be an issue involving lots of complicated malarkey by the sounds of things lol.

You asked me at the meet about an Axe mask Paul.......if you can send me a outline drawing of the axe.....EVERY PROFILE.....I will make and send it to you in return for your in depth time and help in this thread.
What colour would you like it.....Black....Dark Brown.....light Brown?

Last edited:
Wow thanks Bill! I will do that. Light brown would be my preference. Thanks

Re the video stuff. If you can create a wee video and send me the file I'll see what could be done.
At least the TomTom does export video in standard MP4 format so that might be a better option for video.

I think for now Paul I will concentrate on the Tom Tom mate.
But thank you for your kind offer.
From what you have explained reference the MP 4 it sounds easier to do and more compatability with Picasa and the likes.

Light Brown it shall be.:thumbsup:

Back