• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Video of dirty water filtered through life straw under a microscope

That's reassuring, at least it filtered all those little things out that were doing backstroke around the dish..:thumbsup:

That's a great vid mate, thanks for sharing it. I've got a lifestraw built into a bottle that is my 'ready use' filter but for a longer set up I prefer the Sawyers, they promise a lot more gallons through them too. Its reassuring that these things do what they say though.

That's a great vid mate, thanks for sharing it. I've got a lifestraw built into a bottle that is my 'ready use' filter but for a longer set up I prefer the Sawyers, they promise a lot more gallons through them too. Its reassuring that these things do what they say though.
Exactly.....the Lifestraw in a bottle was my introduction to filters, and I bought a Sawyers Micro:thumbsup:

On that YouTube channel there is also a link to similar water being boiled for three minutes which is just as effective against Bacteria and Protozoa and effective against some Virus. While the water was still technically dirty it was made safer.

Back