• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Views from the hill.

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
An 80 mile circular ride on the Royal Enfield Himalayan in hot sunshine today. There's 1200+ miles on the clock from new now, and the bike is properly run in and feels smoother and more responsive. Rode over the hills away from the coast which is heaving with visitors in this weather.

Just a few photos on my route.
DSC00028.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

Stopped to cool off a bit after being caught in a slow moving traffic queue leaving a town...Tractor and trailer then not one but 2 caravans led the procession...plus a few cars so no safe overtakes possible and so I cooked in bike gear at 20mph for a few miles...There you go...all part of the fun.. The Reservoir in the valley looked inviting on such a hot day.
DSC00030.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

Just about perfect biking country., Great roads well surfaced, sweeping bends and beautiful views and even on a day like today minimal traffic.
Rode out to the West Coast but the sea mist seen gathering in the far bay in this photo, warned me in advance just what to expect when I dropped down from the hill roads.
DSC00031.jpg

That mist is coming in off the Irish Sea, so I bottled out and fled back over the hills to the sunny South-West..:D
DSC00033.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00028.jpg
    DSC00028.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00029.jpg
    DSC00029.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00030.jpg
    DSC00030.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00032.jpg
    DSC00032.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00031.jpg
    DSC00031.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00033.jpg
    DSC00033.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 12
Are you leathered up or textiles?

I once had to move my bike on the hottest day of the year as I moved house. Went from shorts, flip flops and t shirt to full race leathers in about 2 minutes having left the bike running ready to go so I could set off and create wind ASAP!

When I traded my Guzzi in last year I decided that I would also stop wearing leathers and go to textiles. Nothing too expensive, a Buffalo jacket with built in armour and textile jeans that had padded knees and I added hip pads,
So far so good, but it all needs 'wearing in' it's bit like a straight jacket still, but improving. Loads of vent zips, nice when moving but caught in traffic I was still a bit boil in the bag for a while...:D

Back