• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Waiting for scones!

Gulfalan67

Very Addicted
Sunday morning it was cool and overcast with the monsoon lingering overhead. The Boy and I were rapt when my wife announced she would be baking us fresh scones for our morning tea. We decided to take a stroll down the hill to the creek to pass the time until 11am.
E3019A8F-97A8-46CC-AB83-01D4BD8FFD03.jpeg
C7785236-2DD1-4885-9822-40889E9723D7.jpeg
88D84FFF-3F95-4016-922D-6CFB79B904CE.jpeg
AE805F8F-9C0B-4A4A-9831-FB76701ED3CF.jpeg

Last edited:
The Boy is a semi- amphibious canine. He loves splashing around in creeks -almost as much as he enjoys his scones with cream. Even a ten minute stroll down the hill is an adventure for him.

It’s when we get back to the camp the trouble started. My wife hates the smell of wet dog in the house. So we had our tea and ate scones on the veranda, looking across the forest. (Obviously The Boy doesn’t drink tea, he’s a dog. So he had a bowl of milk with his hot buttered scones and cream). Afterwards, he was banished to his little den in the workshop until he dried off. Poor Boy!

Alan

The Boy is a semi- amphibious canine. He loves splashing around in creeks -almost as much as he enjoys his scones with cream. Even a ten minute stroll down the hill is an adventure for him.

It’s when we get back to the camp the trouble started. My wife hates the smell of wet dog in the house. So we had our tea and ate scones on the veranda, looking across the forest. (Obviously The Boy doesn’t drink tea, he’s a dog. So he had a bowl of milk with his hot buttered scones and cream). Afterwards, he was banished to his little den in the workshop until he dried off. Poor Boy!

Alan
He has it easier than ours when they get home wet and muddy...they get the hose pipe on the outside tap, a quick towel down and them confined to one room until they've dried off completely.

Back