• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Waiting game.

Manthing

Administrator
Staff member
Well thats the sgc renewal gone in. Their blurb say if I get it in with at least 8 weeks left it should all go hunky dory.
Due to expire mid Jan.
Let's see how Staffs are doing, as their Web page says they are doing only renewals not grants at the moment. Seem a bit mean considering I've been working in people's homes since after the first lockdown.

Ho hum.
Received the, "We're sorry but we done fooked up, here's your 8 week extension letter".
Was about to email them as well. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Luxury. :alert:

My five-year pistol licences expired on 15 December. On the advice of my shooting club president, I submitted the renewal forms on 1 September, since the average wait for approval at Carcassonne Préfecture is 3.5 months. Emailed them on 1 December (no reply, not even a read receipt to show they'd read the message). Received the new licences on 21 December by recorded delivery. So I was only illegal for about a week. :whistle:

Well the extension letter expires on Monday and no new extension letter or licence so got to start phoning round the local dealers to see if one can store them for me. 😡

Ho hum.
Received the, "We're sorry but we done fooked up, here's your 8 week extension letter".
Was about to email them as well. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thats not good Manthing, mine all run out April, got my renewals letter prior Christmas, all sent back, payment made etc, mid /Jan, (had 3 week wait for doctor section, had to chase him). Haven’t heard a thing, no conformation of receipt, what’s happening, referees not contacted, payments been excepted though. Mailed them got auto replies only, will ring tomorrow.

The fact that payment has been accepted is a very positive sign, I’d be surprised if you shotgun certificate doesn’t drop through your letterbox very soon.
When I went for my co-terminus licence (shotgun and FAC) the police firearms liaison officers in Powys were super efficient. There was a bit of a barny with my Doctors surgery because they wanted to charge an inappropriate fee but the firearms team were great.

The fact that payment has been accepted is a very positive sign, I’d be surprised if you shotgun certificate doesn’t drop through your letterbox very soon.
When I went for my co-terminus licence (shotgun and FAC) the police firearms liaison officers in Powys were super efficient. There was a bit of a barny with my Doctors surgery because they wanted to charge an inappropriate fee but the firearms team were great.
The doctors fee was very reasonable £30, compared to what I`ve seen posted on this & prior forum, some of the same practice doctors (anti gun ownership) wouldn`t sign quite a few of my friends paperwork.
Been watching on YouTube some of the confiscation, refusal`s, by some counties, it seems the law abiding always seem to be penalised :sad:.

I must have been one of the last before the new system came in.
Got my confirmation letter and it said I didn't have to do owt else.
Now I've found the phone number on the first extension letter I'll give them a bell on monday.
@Ystranc not sure if it's a member only thing but basc have a group of Dr's that do your paperwork for about £50 I think

I must have been one of the last before the new system came in.
Got my confirmation letter and it said I didn't have to do owt else.
Now I've found the phone number on the first extension letter I'll give them a bell on monday.
@Ystranc not sure if it's a member only thing but basc have a group of Dr's that do your paperwork for about £50 I think
I just refused to pay £90 and since I’d already signed a waiver to allow a police surgeon to review my medical records if they wished to (as part of the small print in the application) it all went through anyway. While my actual Doctor is quite nice the practice manager is a bit of an obstructive cow who takes it upon herself to try and make other peoples lives unpleasant.

So, I called this morning. Amongst all the pre recorded blurb was a bit that says they only answer the phone mon-fri 10-11am. So at 10.30 I guess I got lucky.
Their systems were down this morning but they are currently working through November's renewals, so only a few months behind 🙄, a bit like my tax rebate...
The nice lady said she'd have a look as soon as they were up and running and if an extension letter wasn't en-route she'd put one up today as mine had expired.
We shall see.

So, I called this morning. Amongst all the pre recorded blurb was a bit that says they only answer the phone mon-fri 10-11am. So at 10.30 I guess I got lucky.
Their systems were down this morning but they are currently working through November's renewals, so only a few months behind 🙄, a bit like my tax rebate...
The nice lady said she'd have a look as soon as they were up and running and if an extension letter wasn't en-route she'd put one up today as mine had expired.
We shall see.
They`re not answering phones here :rolleyes:

Just had the acknowledgement and no mention of needing to submit a full medical report.
You know you love having body exam Manny, just make sure he, or she, if you're lucky, warms their hands before weighing your nuggets and asking you to cough. 🤣🤣

GP's are taking the right Michael with what they charge for reports etc, etc. My GP wanted to charge me £125 to perform my 2nd HGV medical, and that was 2007. At the time I didn't care because my employer paid, but I'm guessing employers are getting fed up with being taken for a ride, and my next 2 were done using the company appointed doctor.

Back