• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Waiting game.

Well there's a turn up.
Letter arrived today, expecting it to be another extension, but blow me its my license.
Good to go for another 5 years then. 🙂
You could probably tell you’ve got your new ticket as soon as they‘d cashed your check, otherwise it would have come back to you paperclipped to a refusal letter.

Oh the ups and downs.
It looks like a licence not an extension but it's only 2 kin months.
Got all excited for nowt.

Yes I can. And will be banging on the door Saturday morning.

😳 Is it a section 7 permit?…it sounds like they’re really messing about
Upon closer inspection yes it is.
Going to have to keep on top of them so I don't end up in the same stupid position again..

Bloody hell, I’ve heard of them but they’re less common than unicorn shit… as long as it doesn’t specifically prohibit you from using them it’s ok but you need to check the small print carefully. It may also make it difficult to buy shotgun shells.

At least Manthing has had responses, hopefully he’ll be sorted asap. My licences expirey date is getting close now and they haven’t responded to mails, only the auto generated, tried calling, automated messages, etc,etc, getting a bit concerned.
Seems to be a country wide issue 🤔

The s7 is good for 8 weeks but only permits me to own the guns listed on it, not buy or sell any. Cartridges weren't a problem as I pick them up from the same place all the time.

My licences expirey date is getting close now and they haven’t responded to mails, only the auto generated, tried calling, automated messages, etc,etc, getting a bit concerned.
Seems to be a country wide issue 🤔

Have you done your renewal?
Get in early don't give them any excuses yo say something stupid like "sorry, but as you didn't renew at least 8 weeks before expiry its now a grant and not a renewal".
Mine went in within a couple of days of the reminder getting here.

Have you done your renewal?
Get in early don't give them any excuses yo say something stupid like "sorry, but as you didn't renew at least 8 weeks before expiry its now a grant and not a renewal".
Mine went in within a couple of days of the reminder getting here.
Got renewal paperwork 23 Dec, spoke to and mailed licensing dept, they said, complete, send pages 1 to 12 & complete payment did 2 Jan. doctors section when complete send, as the former could start being processed ( as mail from licensing dept). time doctor pi##ed about, and I kept chasing sent 3rd week Jan 🙄

Just been in touch with the gunsmith I use, to place them if nothing comes through, have till mid April. Will be on phone & mail again Monday 🙄

The s7 is good for 8 weeks but only permits me to own the guns listed on it, not buy or sell any. Cartridges weren't a problem as I pick them up from the same place all the time.
You should be able to sell/transfer shotguns off a section 7 certificate to another holder but it won’t allow you to acquire more or even exchange like for like. They’re normally only given to beneficiaries of an estate who inherit firearms, the idea is to give them time to legally dispose of them by sale or transfer. Unfortunately what usually happens is that the beneficiaries just can’t be bothered figuring it out and the guns go off to the police FLO and are melted down.

Last edited:
Bugger me, after many mails-only getting automated replies, answer phone when ringing,
Just had a mail saying from expire date of SGC, 8 week extension, during which time will receive new cert. Extension letter in post
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Being honest was starting to panic a bit.

Nice one.
Wonder how many extensions I'll get through???

Right, just phoned up as I wasn't waiting like last time, and they are going to issue another 2 month extension, but she's hoping to get to me during this period.🤞
Good thing is they are at least answering the phone.

Back